Pre-Concert Music - Drones Tour

SteveK

I was at the Munich concert and since then have been plagued by a song that was played as background music before the concert started. I know the song but cannot think of its name or where I have heard it before. I hope someone can help me!

It was played about 15 minutes before the support group started (so at around 19:30). It was an instrumental, quite upbeat, but with interludes of strings playing an unconventional/unexpected chord progression, slightly reminiscent of the strings chord progression in "The Hanging Tree". The song in fact finished with this strings chord progression.

I'm hoping that the pre-concert music is mostly the same from concert to concert, so perhaps someone out there can alleviate my frustration. Indeed, there are still plenty of concerts coming up, so perhaps someone who reads this before going to one of the future concerts could then give an extra listen.

Thanks!

Steve

I was at the Munich concert and since then have been plagued by a song that was played as background music before the concert started. I know the song but cannot think of its name or where I have heard it before. I hope someone can help me!

It was played about 15 minutes before the support group started (so at around 19:30). It was an instrumental, quite upbeat, but with interludes of strings playing an unconventional/unexpected chord progression, slightly reminiscent of the strings chord progression in "The Hanging Tree". The song in fact finished with this strings chord progression.

I'm hoping that the pre-concert music is mostly the same from concert to concert, so perhaps someone out there can alleviate my frustration. Indeed, there are still plenty of concerts coming up, so perhaps someone who reads this before going to one of the future concerts could then give an extra listen.

Thanks!

Steve

This one?

This is a partial list of the songs played before the gig start.

-> De Staat - Witch Doctor

-> Royal Blood - Figure It Out

-> Arctic Monkeys - R U Mine?

-> The Killers - All these things that I've done

-> Sleigh Bells - Riot Rhythm

-> Wolf Alice - You're A Germ

-> M83 'Midnight City'

-> Nine Inch Nails - Came Back Haunted

-> Kanye West - BLKKK SKKKN HEAD

-> Run The Jewels - Meowpurrdy feat. Lil Bub, Maceo, Delonte

-> The Weeknd - The Hills ft. Eminem

-> Tame Impala - Let It Happen

Here you can find the playlist i've made

->

Edited by titoufou17

Thanks for your help, chaps, but unfortunately the song I'm looking for is not the “Dance of the Knights”, DyingAtheist98, nor is it in your extensive list, titoufou17.

At one point in my efforts to recall what the song may be, this one sprang to mind. Moby’s “Extreme Ways” from the “Bourne Identity” film - but after listening to it, I realised it wasn’t.

It was a sort of cross between “Extreme Ways” and the orchestral accompaniment to “The Hanging Tree”:

(the first 1:50 minutes)

There must be a way to find this out. Who actually decides what music is to be played before the concert? Muse themselves, their management, the sound engineers?

• 3 weeks later...

A supermassive big thanks to josedejesusch over on this adjacent thread:

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=113871

His comprehensive list revealed the song I was looking for: Giorgio By Moroder from Daft Punk.

I hadn't recognised it because the voice-over from Giorgio had already finished when I entered the concert hall and started listening to it.