Chat help thread..

Guest James

Kev, I just found something out!

It only messes up and crashes if I have msn running at the same time.

I don't know if that's my computer or the bug riddled system but that bit of info might help others having the same trouble as me.

Carla

Yo yo. I have read of other things like this happening.

I think we might have to upgrade it. Ill let kev decide as im not sure how much code will mess up if we do.

running msn and chat is no problem for me with both ie and firefox i think.

james i think i can handle upgrades but i need a decent forewarning so i can inspect the code for whats changed but i don't want to upgrade too a beta the software is buggy as fuck already without that. lets just sit on it til a new release is out eh?

running msn and chat is no problem for me with both ie and firefox i think.

james i think i can handle upgrades but i need a decent forewarning so i can inspect the code for whats changed but i don't want to upgrade too a beta the software is buggy as fuck already without that. lets just sit on it til a new release is out eh?

no pob

The one thing i hate about the new chat is that if i accidentally close or press back or something it keeps me logged in for ages. Is there no way that we can possibly have it so you log out instantly as soon as you close? so its easier and quicker to log back in.

Nope. (not to the best of my knowledge)

As its based on being inactive. So if we set it at 1 sec, you would be kicked after being inactive for 1 second.

generation terrorist do you use internet explorer? in particular a new version? you see the way the chat program logs out is by launching a new window on close of the last one that logs you out. but the ie pop-up blocker blocks it from opening which keeps you logged in.

Im trying to get into the chat, but apparently someone using MY name is already in there, so it wont let me sign in. Whats going on and who stole my name!!!!

Thanks

[EDIT] No wait its working now! Dunnow what happened. stupid imposter...

Its becuase you didnt sign in successfully the first time so it thought youwere already on there.

only 1 user can have a username. the reason for your problem is because you'll have tried to get into chat and log out had failed. it takes 6 mins for it to log you out automatically altho we may try work out a way for a user to log themselves out remotely in future.

im probably sounding like a total noob but how do you start threads!! soz :( im a noob!! haha!! :happy:

go to a forum and click the new thread button maybe? :p

Archived