Guest James

Chat help thread..

i had a problem with the chat window, so i closted it and tried to re log in, but it wouldnt let me because it says there is another user on with my nick (meaning i was still logged into the chat). now i cant get into it at all. what should i do?

talked to the mod that banned you and they say you can be unbanned. but if you're not good the ban will be permanent.

i9m trying to log in chat but im already init and get in with my one cause im still in the chat!! help?!!?1 i forgot to log out i think

updated chatroom software installed. expect a few bugs fixed and a whole batch of new ones, already reports that file share is buggy but investigation hasnt taken place. please post any problems you have here cheers :)

Just a little question on the flashchat. I saw that it can be incorporated with MySQL and PHP databases. So can you make like a HTML-ish version where people who have a slow connection and/or aren't able to use the flash chat. I don't have that problem at home but at school to start the flash chat is taking so much of the sytem that it really sucks.

grtz

I don't know what you call it but you know the list on the right side of the chat, where it tells you who's in the chat room? how come you've made it alphabetical?

I like the old way, how it showed who was on there first cos then I can say hi when they arrive and notice them more, also sometimes I don't notice if the people I know are in the chat.

Did you change it on purpose so that you could be more "anonymous" in the chatroom?

it wasn't a deliberate change of ours. it was part of the software upgrade.. i think it still works like it used to for me oddly think i need to do some more work on it

oh no it works the way it should now yay that means i havent got work to do. i know theres user display options at the moment its mods first then a -> z. if many people have issues with it i'll have a look at how it can be adjusted.

Please use this thread for any chat problems/bugs etc.

\

\

I need genius to design my web page. let me know.

You think you can stop my bah! pffft!

Abuse in chat is a normality no matter what you do to try and kerb the abuse flung out from chatter to chatter. Banning Rooms and the "/me" action does bassically nothing man, people can still abuse in the normal space anyway no matter what. If someone is abusing, ban them, not ban the features for everyone man.... but people who cant stand abuse can ignore anyway so why should you give a rats anyway. The only abuse here is Abuse of Power! from the power hungry so called moderators who are too little in number to notice, and hardly on chatting anyway. So BAH@chat and BAH@you! BWAHAHAHAHAHA

If you want to do something reasonable with chat why not get some flood control or something.....

BAH with me Peoples!

You think you can stop my bah! pffft!

Abuse in chat is a normality no matter what you do to try and kerb the abuse flung out from chatter to chatter. Banning Rooms and the "/me" action does bassically nothing man, people can still abuse in the normal space anyway no matter what. If someone is abusing, ban them, not ban the features for everyone man.... but people who cant stand abuse can ignore anyway so why should you give a rats anyway. The only abuse here is Abuse of Power! from the power hungry so called moderators who are too little in number to notice, and hardly on chatting anyway. So BAH@chat and BAH@you! BWAHAHAHAHAHA

If you want to do something reasonable with chat why not get some flood control or something.....

BAH with me Peoples!

You people take chatting on the internet far too seriously.

If you lot don't like the chat, then why not make your own board or find a chat site that is more to your own taste?

How about a bit of gratitude for James' and Kev's hard work, which they don't even get paid for?

Most of the people giving abuse are probably like us lot, with our n00bspeak and all that.

If you're not a muse-boarderer you're not gonna get it.

Guest Mort
BAHing wont do a lot im afraid.

People abuse making new rooms. It goes. Poeple abuse the /me command. It goes.

So if we abuse Chat, does that go too?

Guest James

I suppose all chat rooms could be killed off without any replacements :)

If you lot don't like the chat, then why not make your own board or find a chat site that is more to your own taste?

How about a bit of gratitude for James' and Kev's hard work, which they don't even get paid for?

What did I miss last night then?