Chat help thread..

Guest James

i had a problem with the chat window, so i closted it and tried to re log in, but it wouldnt let me because it says there is another user on with my nick (meaning i was still logged into the chat). now i cant get into it at all. what should i do?

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little question on the flashchat. I saw that it can be incorporated with MySQL and PHP databases. So can you make like a HTML-ish version where people who have a slow connection and/or aren't able to use the flash chat. I don't have that problem at home but at school to start the flash chat is taking so much of the sytem that it really sucks.

grtz

I don't know what you call it but you know the list on the right side of the chat, where it tells you who's in the chat room? how come you've made it alphabetical?

I like the old way, how it showed who was on there first cos then I can say hi when they arrive and notice them more, also sometimes I don't notice if the people I know are in the chat.

Did you change it on purpose so that you could be more "anonymous" in the chatroom?

oh no it works the way it should now yay that means i havent got work to do. i know theres user display options at the moment its mods first then a -> z. if many people have issues with it i'll have a look at how it can be adjusted.

You think you can stop my bah! pffft!

Abuse in chat is a normality no matter what you do to try and kerb the abuse flung out from chatter to chatter. Banning Rooms and the "/me" action does bassically nothing man, people can still abuse in the normal space anyway no matter what. If someone is abusing, ban them, not ban the features for everyone man.... but people who cant stand abuse can ignore anyway so why should you give a rats anyway. The only abuse here is Abuse of Power! from the power hungry so called moderators who are too little in number to notice, and hardly on chatting anyway. So BAH@chat and BAH@you! BWAHAHAHAHAHA

If you want to do something reasonable with chat why not get some flood control or something.....

BAH with me Peoples!

You think you can stop my bah! pffft!

Abuse in chat is a normality no matter what you do to try and kerb the abuse flung out from chatter to chatter. Banning Rooms and the "/me" action does bassically nothing man, people can still abuse in the normal space anyway no matter what. If someone is abusing, ban them, not ban the features for everyone man.... but people who cant stand abuse can ignore anyway so why should you give a rats anyway. The only abuse here is Abuse of Power! from the power hungry so called moderators who are too little in number to notice, and hardly on chatting anyway. So BAH@chat and BAH@you! BWAHAHAHAHAHA

If you want to do something reasonable with chat why not get some flood control or something.....

BAH with me Peoples!

You people take chatting on the internet far too seriously.

BAHing wont do a lot im afraid.

People abuse making new rooms. It goes. Poeple abuse the /me command. It goes.

So if we abuse Chat, does that go too?

Archived