Drones Lyric Videos

This is a thread for general discussion about the Lyric vids from this album, cos I think they are a prominent enough element of this album that they deserve a thread.

Anyways, to start things off I think these videos could have been a great opportunity to make a visual version of the narrative with a protagonist who appears in all the videos living the events of the songs.

Just my opinion, anyone else got anything?

As I've said in other threads, my favorite thing about this is the prospect of being able to make a full YouTube playlist with the entire album and then Chromecast it to my TV. Would be a cool way to listen to the album while cleaning, reading, etc and also get some cool visuals.

The best one, I'd say, is Mercy. Not my favorite song, but the video is really cool. I also quite like Reapers and Defector.

I think it's a great way to distribute the new album. Most casual music listeners get their music from YouTube anyhow, so this ensures that other parts of the album aren't missed. And I think they're better than most of the regular Muse videos. I'm really looking forward to seeing the rest.

My order so far: The Handler > Defector (the JFK bit really makes an impact in the video) > Reapers > Mercy > Psycho >Dead Inside

I still love Dead Inside's lyric video much more than the official video.

I think they will go up to Aftermath to complete the main concept, My personal favourite video is The Handler, though my favourite song is Reapers. I prefer the lyric videos to the actual music videos. I hope we see more in the future.

Neither of the DI videos seemed to really capture anything profound. There's a few drones scattered in there for the album theme, but the rest is the dancing/model, and that's kinda weak overall. I guess you could interpret the dancing but it's still not my thing. I still don't get the lyric video.

The Handler video is by far my favourite. I just love everything about it. The text, the band, the weird carousel thing above them, with The Handler controlling it and everything that evolves around it, and the "greater" Handler once the "lesser" one dies