Muse and Queen

FitzEntropy

My top three favorite bands:

Queen, Rush, Muse

I got into Muse because someone told me they were similar to Queen, sent me some songs, and told me to buy The Resistance, which I did. TR is also my favorite Muse album.

Unfortunately for me, Queen aren't nearly as exciting as Muse or Rush these days, and if they are and I'm just not noticing it, it's because I live in the states and they're doing nothing over here right now. :(

But I do get a Rush concert and a new Muse album next week, so hip, hip, bologna! :D

Some good work, but the vocals stopped me from enjoying them.

Ah the vocals. The number one reason people miss out on one of the greatest bands of all time. Despite the fact that the vocals become much less outrageous after 1980, people are still turned away from the classic era by Ged's pipes. Oh well, I love his voice. :D

I find the influence of Queen in almost every Muse album, from the thigh, clap/bass from TIRO and I Belong To You, the vocals in Knights,Uprising, USOE, Survival, Mercy, Dead Inside, Deflector. I would like to have new influences in the future albums.

I find the influence of Queen in almost every Muse album, from the thigh, clap/bass from TIRO and I Belong To You, the vocals in Knights,Uprising, USOE, Survival, Mercy, Dead Inside, Deflector. I would like to have new influences in the future albums.

The Queen influence in The Defector surprisingly didn't overpower the rest of the song. I thought it was a nice touch.

• 3 weeks later...

As far as Geddy Lee's vocals, I wish he could still scream like he did on Hemispheres and before. Find a version of Garden Road and let your ears bleed from Ged's nasal-scream! Alex Lifeson taught me how to play guitar where Jimmy Page and Angus Young left off. Rush will always be one of my favorite bands as well.

• 1 year later...