"Correct" OoS tracklisting?

Best version of OoS?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Best version of OoS?

• Feeling Good between Micro Cuts and Screenager; Futurism at the end
    • Feeling Good between Darkshines and Futursim; Futurism between Feeling Good and Megalomania
    • Feeling Good between Darkshines and Megalomania; Futurism after Megalomania and at the end
    • Feeling Good between Micro Cuts and Screenager; Futurism between Darkshines and Megalomania
    • Some other version I have that no one's mentioned yet for some reason (please post about it)
    • These all suck! Mine's the best and it's not on here! (please post it and explain)

So I've wondered about this for some ages now ever since I discovered the many variants of track listings (order-wise) for Origin of Symmetry, but I was reminded of it today after noticing there are now two different versions of the album on iTunes. Is there a certain track listing/order for this album which is generally considered to be the "best" or "correct" one? Or does everyone just equally enjoy their own version?

My copy of the album is ordered as follows:

New Born

Bliss

Space Dementia

Hyper Music

Plug In Baby

Citizen Erased

Micro Cuts

Feeling Good

Screenager

Darkshines

Megalomania

Futurism

(sorry this isn't Drones related amogst all the current hype btw)

The only difference is futurism at the end which was part of the Japanese release, they often got bonus songs when Muse had them.

And I don't consider it the "correct" one because it's obviously just tacked on and Megalomania is the real closer.

Edit: oops didn't see feeling good, which is in wrong place.

Hm, so I've been listening to the wrong version for all this time. Thanks a lot iTunes.

I've gotten so used to having Feeling Good open up the second half, I'm not sure I even want to put it in the official place anymore.

EDIT: AND I've gotten really used to closing with Futurism instead of Megalomania. Gah, how will I ever get used to a new order.

Edited by Bohemian-Cygnus-RunningOut

Hm, so I've been listening to the wrong version for all this time. Thanks a lot iTunes.

I've gotten so used to having Feeling Good open up the second half, I'm not sure I even want to put it in the official place anymore.

You know, it works well as the opener of the second half. Putting it just between Darkshines and Megalomania kills the finale momentum a bit.

In a certain sense, yes, it is. But Futurism must go before Megalomania. :)

Ah, there's the problem. Okay, I'm going to have to change my album and make a new CD. Hope this is worth it. I suppose this may get me to pay more attention to Megalomania as well.

Also, I know for a fact that iTunes in America doesn't have any Muse singles/EPs from before Absolution, so I'm guessing I'll have to resort to the Muse store or Amazon or something. This is now my new goal.

Yeah, unless you're in America. I finally had to buy them from the .mu store, and even then I had to switch to the UK store vs the US one.

Worth it.

How does one switch from the US store to the UK one? And why does Muse deprive American fans of their awesome older material all the time? Live performances and studio recordings of older, cooler stuff are so hard to get in the US.

You know, it works well as the opener of the second half. Putting it just between Darkshines and Megalomania kills the finale momentum a bit.

I actually really like Feeling Good as the final track before the awe of Megalomania, it's like a moment of refreshing rest and a sort of farewell before the real finale.

How does one switch from the US store to the UK one? And why does Muse deprive American fans of their awesome older material all the time? Live performances and studio recordings of older, cooler stuff are so hard to get in the US.

There should be a drop down at the top for different currencies when you first go to SHOP on the Muse store.

There should be a drop down at the top for different currencies when you first go to SHOP on the Muse store.

Erm...I've realized that I'm already on the UK store and the only singles they have are for The Resistance. Checked the dropdown menu, even tried the US store, no luck (US store had no singles whatsoever). :(