Yeh well Im Playing Muse For VCE drums In Australia That Is But CAnt seem to find and backing tracks to alow me to play along !! I have searched Everywhere :S....

But my mate assures me ill be fine but?... hahah

Yeh Doms K custom special dry hi hats are to die for seriously ! i'd Kill For A set!!:eek:

Yeh well Im Playing Muse For VCE drums In Australia That Is But CAnt seem to find and backing tracks to alow me to play along !! I have searched Everywhere :S....

But my mate assures me ill be fine but?... hahah

Some do exist ;)

Yeh Doms K custom special dry hi hats are to die for seriously ! i'd Kill For A set!!:eek:

Yeahh I have some and theyre lush :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Haha, seriously. I mean I want to play rock band and all, but trading in my real drums...? :LOL:

Okay, I think I'm seriously considering building my own drum kit. :stunned: I'm gonna buy some keller maple shells, rims, and do the finish etc... with maybe the exception of the snare. :stunned: I think I'm gonna practice on my shit set first though, haha.

edit: Alright I think I have my heart set on building very own kit. I think my kit will turn out to be $800ish, no hardware though. 8-ply maple shells for toms/bass drum, and 10-ply for the snare.... with a darkish natural finish with some light colored center stripes...

Christ what am I getting myself into... :LOL:

edit again:

this is sort of what I'm going for... just with a little bit more brown of a finish, and a light center stripe on each drum (like the color of the hoops on the bass drum)

whaddya guys think?

l_9540de17c34b80e5c183ce2529cb370a.jpg

and I've been told I can probably get this done with the $600 that I have if I use some of the hardware from my old kit, which is really, really making me excited. o.O

Haha, well I don't either, but I've learned a lot after a night of intense researching... :LOL: I think I'm actually gonna do this! :LOL:

I'm thinking about taking apart my set and experimenting with stains and stuff since it's absolute shit, haha. Time to kill my $300 kit. :p

Well the hardware and all is actually alright--I'm actually thinking of taking the rims/lugs/rods, polishing them up a bit and using them to build my kit.

i like acrylic kits if they prove to sound as good as doms. Thing is they are more expensive, and the sound difference doesnt differ that much in all fairness. At the end of the day I think its down to looks when your deciding whether or not to buy a Tama Starclassic Maple or a Tama Starclassic Mirage.

i like acrylic kits if they prove to sound as good as doms. Thing is they are more expensive, and the sound difference doesnt differ that much in all fairness. At the end of the day I think its down to looks when your deciding whether or not to buy a Tama Starclassic Maple or a Tama Starclassic Mirage.

neither!

he'll have a different drum kit next year and you'll be in the past maaann :p

l_1310fd39f6f8026dfea75bdbf872abae.jpg

Heres my drum kit as it stands now! :D

Note the new 14" floor tom and the red cowbell! :D

*Drum n00b who has no real interest in drums, but is bugged by this question*

Whats that...machine? that drummers have near their kits, with knobs on them? I think Dom fiddels with it during Take A Bow, but idk...

Anyone who replies "fuzz factory" fails...

*Drum n00b who has real interest in drums and is bugged by this question*

Has Dom ever used double pedal? for recording or something, at least? I'm pretty sure he hasn't used it live (...right?) but maybe when recording or something... or has he ever said anything about it?

Tx :)

*Drum n00b who has real interest in drums and is bugged by this question*

Has Dom ever used double pedal? for recording or something, at least? I'm pretty sure he hasn't used it live (...right?) but maybe when recording or something... or has he ever said anything about it?

Tx :)

He used it in the hullabaloo gig, before Cave.

and poster above, the thing dom plays with in TaB is a bulcha(?) synthesiser i think.