Over the past few days Ive been completely redeveloping the muse drums site.

http://www.musedrums.rocks.it

Its all finished now.

Lots more information added, a lot easier to use, looks better too with a professional feel.

A couple of things left to do, but I thought id coincide the launch with the 2000th visitor.

Its more than just a drum site now, its a whole dominic howard resource site with facts and information about him as well as his drumming.

Any feedback / suggestions will be welcome.

ta muchly

:)

my only advice is use a .GIF for the title bar, itll be about 5kb instead of 25kb. picky i know, but every little helps! i noticed youve specified a new size for the title jpeg (muse drums) too... if you can then you should resize it in photoshop and save as a .gif, itll be much smaller filesize (not that its big right now) but also there wont be any aliasing on the edges, resizing pictures using html makes them look horribles. try to do this with all the graphics you use, as i noticed some of the others are badly aliased too, like the pictures of doms kit etc. oh, and the picture "blackbeauty.gif" of the snare would look better and also be a lot smaller filesize (its massive right now) as a .jpg. if you dont have the programs to resize and everything i dont mind optimising some stuff for you, it would only take ten seconds. same goes for the equipment in hardware and you could do with changing the .png images in 'other' to .jpgs... theyll be 1/5th of the size and also png isnt as well supported. people on 56k might die :LOL: again, if you dont have the right programs to optimise jpegs, send em over and ill fix them up, there wont be any noticable drop in quality

This picture for example is over half a megabyte, and could be 1/10th or lower quite easily. just noticed how long it takes to load some of the pages, thats about it

other than that i cant really criticise

get a registered domain too! lol

nice work :)

my only advice is use a .GIF for the title bar, itll be about 5kb instead of 25kb. picky i know, but every little helps! i noticed youve specified a new size for the title jpeg (muse drums) too... if you can then you should resize it in photoshop and save as a .gif, itll be much smaller filesize (not that its big right now) but also there wont be any aliasing on the edges, resizing pictures using html makes them look horribles. try to do this with all the graphics you use, as i noticed some of the others are badly aliased too, like the pictures of doms kit etc. oh, and the picture "blackbeauty.gif" of the snare would look better and also be a lot smaller filesize (its massive right now) as a .jpg. if you dont have the programs to resize and everything i dont mind optimising some stuff for you, it would only take ten seconds. same goes for the equipment in hardware and you could do with changing the .png images in 'other' to .jpgs... theyll be 1/5th of the size and also png isnt as well supported. people on 56k might die :LOL: again, if you dont have the right programs to optimise jpegs, send em over and ill fix them up, there wont be any noticable drop in quality

This picture for example is over half a megabyte, and could be 1/10th or lower quite easily. just noticed how long it takes to load some of the pages, thats about it

other than that i cant really criticise

get a registered domain too! lol

nice work :)

awesome - i knew most of that but I dont have photoshop! :$ Ive edited the images in bloody paint! :LOL:

If you get a spare few minutes.... ;)

awesome - i knew most of that but I dont have photoshop! :$ Ive edited the images in bloody paint! :LOL:

If you get a spare few minutes.... ;)

cool, ive optimised everything i thought needed doing.

the ones that were gif's had black speckles around them... i woulda jpeg'd them but because of your frames since you're using a .it hosting, i cant find out your background colour, so i just erased most of the dots, but it aint perfect for them.

other than that, stuffs much smaller. msn me for a zip of the folder.

cool, ive optimised everything i thought needed doing.

the ones that were gif's had black speckles around them... i woulda jpeg'd them but because of your frames since you're using a .it hosting, i cant find out your background colour, so i just erased most of the dots, but it aint perfect for them.

other than that, stuffs much smaller. msn me for a zip of the folder.

background colour is #192D4C

ill msn you either later tonight or tomorrow

(the film has just stopped - so whilst the disc is being cleaned etc Ive come back online :LOL:)

background colour is #192D4C

ill msn you either later tonight or tomorrow

(the film has just stopped - so whilst the disc is being cleaned etc Ive come back online :LOL:)

haha tart.

doesnt matter now, the gifs are a decent enough size and shouldnt look too bad.

that site is great,except that some of the photos couldnt show,some of the cymbal pix.

orly! :eek:

Theres only 3 pics on the cymbals page - unlike on the last one where every cymbal was shown haha

Theres the zildjian logo - A big pic of dom playing (with lots of cymbals in view) and at the bottom is a birds eye view of his kit.

The second picture I re-uploaded yesterday after Chris (theman) had edited it.

Try again and see what happens!

Cheers though! Youre helping me iron out any lumps! :D

orly! :eek:

Theres only 3 pics on the cymbals page - unlike on the last one where every cymbal was shown haha

Theres the zildjian logo - A big pic of dom playing (with lots of cymbals in view) and at the bottom is a birds eye view of his kit.

The second picture I re-uploaded yesterday after Chris (theman) had edited it.

Try again and see what happens!

Cheers though! Youre helping me iron out any lumps! :D

ah yes,missed all those cymbals pix though.:D

Phowerrr lumps

What are you doing up so early, I mean earlier than mee

i have to get up at 6.50 now.

leave the house by 7.50

get to work for 8.30

tis a wee bit gay and after these three weeks of training ill have to be up earlier to get to work for 8.

:stunned:

ah yes,missed all those cymbals pix though.:D

You think they should be back there?

I could stick them in as thumbnails I suppose :)

xcG1fbWFpFc

Try 3:40 in. Interesting that they don't know how to play it proper.

They've gotta play it all fancy-like. :) Still rocks though.

Haha, I'm so proud of myself... I kept my hi hat foot playing 8ths while playing random crap for what seemed like 15 minutes straight. :LOL: Yeaaah...