I doubt any of them have read the board in years. Didn't Chris say he doesn't come here because the fans just "slag" them off all day?

Yeah I think Matt's latest posts date back to 2009. I do think they might browse it occasionally. Maybe when albums are out they check the discussion threads?

Better music, too.

Put yourself in my shoes, as I think no other music gets close to Muse at their best. Yeah it's horrible. But once you've tasted flight, you will forever look to the skies or however the saying goes.

I have a strong feeling this board is going to be much more of a shit storm than usual in the period between the single release and the album release. The inevitable backlash to the album's most radio-friendly track coupled with the fact it will be the only bit of material for everyone to dissect and lose their minds over.

Yeah I think Matt's latest posts date back to 2009. I do think they might browse it occasionally. Maybe when albums are out they check the discussion threads?

They seem to know how much the board likes certain songs. I could see Tom checking in every once in a while and telling them what he's read, since he's the most interactive on Twitter.

I don't blame them, I think I would be quite offended if I was one of them and came on here

Yeah me too. I just feel lucky that I haven't grown to hate their music over the years like some people here have. Though it would make this wait far less agonizing if they weren't still far and away my favorite band.

Yeah me too. I just feel lucky that I haven't grown to hate their music over the years like some people here have. Though it would make this wait far less agonizing if they weren't still far and away my favorite band.

I'm beginning to think stuff like the lack of a Zepp release and 20th anniversary tour is to piss the board off for making jokes about them all the time :LOL:

Put yourself in my shoes, as I think no other music gets close to Muse at their best. Yeah it's horrible. But once you've tasted flight, you will forever look to the skies or however the saying goes.

I have a strong feeling this board is going to be much more of a shit storm than usual in the period between the single release and the album release. The inevitable backlash to the album's most radio-friendly track coupled with the fact it will be the only bit of material for everyone to dissect and lose their minds over.

Expand your horizons.

Expand your horizons.

I don't know what I'd consider to be the best music I've ever heard. Abso and Origin are somewhere in that top tier, but other than that and saying what else is in that mix, I'd struggle.

Broadly, however, I echo what the potato said. There are plenty of more daring bands than Muse who deal in more "profound" stuff, at least to my ears.

Edited by Alec.

Fixed it for you.

The h_____ y and being in denial at it's finest. :D

If it makes you feel better, I'm legitimately posting right now using a Kindle Fire I found at my office building that no one ever claimed, so I got to keep it.

The FIRST Kindle Fire ever made, not one of the new fancy ones.

I'll provide a pic if you don't believe me.

So, don't judge that we're all slaves to the latest iGadgets, or "shiny new devices."

Also, the point is, with, say, phones, I have a CHOICE in my shiny new device. With music, I really don't.

Expand your horizons.

I'm in the same boat as Con. I listen to all sorts of music, from Muse to jazz to rap, etc. I'm always looking for something new to listen to. I just haven't found anything that has made me fall in love in the same way Muse have. And I'm fine with that as they have yet to disappoint me significantly.