Zane's last show will be about how much raw, undiluted talent he has played over the years and how he has wanted the listeners to inhale every last atom of music he has played. Hope you all will be locked in (for no Muse)

The "drones" shout is a harbinger of my cringing at least once during the new album...

Or it was a harbinger of a tonally consistent album of which the hooligan shouting is an integral part and in no way cheesy when heard in it's magnificent entirety.

...Yeah me neither :rolleyes:

Sadly, even if it works in context with the song, it'll probably take me a while to get over my negative first impression. I suppose that's the danger of listening to teasers like that.

imo, it just sounds so bad in the clip.

I really want to be wrong.

I also think I managed to convince myself that that interview with Matt was faked... :LOL:

With Muse I've always found that If I initially like any of the new songs from The Resistence era onward I always later come to the conclusion that they are awful really. I.e I loved Supremacy, Uprising, Follow Me on first listens, only to later realise that they were fairly average efforts by Muse's lofty standards.

On the flipside, its the songs I have disliked/found boring after a first listen that have eventually grown on me and became some of my favourites eg. Animals, MK Ultra, Isolated System.

Maybe this new effort will follow a similar trend, as I too have my doubts over the whole chanting thing, we can only wait and see.

I tend to be consistent in my opinions of the songs. The one exception for me has been Madness... I really disliked it when I first heard it, and then I warmed up to it, but I've always wondered if my boyfriend's intense love of it sort of rubbed off on me a bit.

I still sometimes hear it and think "I don't think I actually like this song..."

But anyways, my first impressions are usually strong, and I'm going to try to go into this single without obsessing about a few seconds that I didn't like.

With Madness it's almost the exact opposite for me, I can't stand the song when I hear it on T2L, but when a friend plays the live lounge version in his car, I find myself kind of appreciating the U2-esque ending haha

Matt just retweeted some guy's question about how true were the rumours about airing the single on radio.... DAMMIT YEAH! Let the hype train begin again!

Edit: nvm, he just said it's too offensive for radio playing... lmao

Link us to a post of you saying that. And what do you expect a youtube video released first? This week?

I didn't say it was too offensive for radio but I knew it was. This is their most "offensive" track yet besides Hidden Track. There's your tidbit of info