'Authentication'

Clunge

Every time I try to visit one of the board's sub-forums on mobile, I'm getting a pop-up billed 'Authentication' asking for my username and password.

Any ideas/solutions?

EDIT: Getting it on desktop too.

Edited by Clunge

what skin are you using?

white muse, but the announcement just disappeared. all seems to be good now; not sure if that was the problem though (or how it got there in the first place!)

Thanks Kev

Edit: It was at the top of the page in each forum, but it's gone now. It didn't have a title that you could click, and was from 2013 apparently

For some reason after getting this (and it not accepting my login) a load of times

(Guessing it's not connected but I didn't want to start a new thread cause I think its just me)

Now I can't connect to specifically THIS website (the whole forum) with my WiFi internet, only with my mobile internet connection does it work

Also virgin media were doing something on our street but seeing as it's ONLY the forum I can't connect to, I thought maybe I'd see if anyone else has the same problem on here

Also tried it with Firefox (usually on chrome) on my mobile and no luck

Forgot to mention I'm getting the same problem on my desktop computer too, so must be internet based..

Edited by futurophy

For some reason after getting this (and it not accepting my login) a load of times

(Guessing it's not connected but I didn't want to start a new thread cause I think its just me)

Now I can't connect to specifically THIS website (the whole forum) with my WiFi internet, only with my mobile internet connection does it work

Also virgin media were doing something on our street but seeing as it's ONLY the forum I can't connect to, I thought maybe I'd see if anyone else has the same problem on here

Also tried it with Firefox (usually on chrome) on my mobile and no luck

Forgot to mention I'm getting the same problem on my desktop computer too, so must be internet based..

what do you see when it fails? any error messages or anything?

It shouldn't be related to the auth issue as that should only affect you on a browser level.

Have you cleared cookies? Another option would be a DNS flush or DHCP release?

I 'cleared the cache' on chrome, dunno if that did all of that, didn't work

what do you see when it fails? any error messages or anything?

It shouldn't be related to the auth issue as that should only affect you on a browser level.

Chrome just says it couldn't load/ couldn't find the page

And Firefox says the connection timed out and 'The server at board.muse.mu is taking too long to respond.'

You could be right actually Matthijs, too many authentication fails could blacklist an IP.

futurophy, strawberry juice, and anyone else. If you could find put your ip (google: "what is my IP address") on a machine that's having problems and either pm me or email (kev@muse.mu) it and I'll check/remove it