Rome cinema release

joffoir

Well I have just returned.

The good - it is a first class film, beautifully shot with some nice black and white sections which are maybe a tad long but which contrast nicely with the colour. Not my favourite songs, (not a T2L fan) but an excellent snapshot of Muse in 2013.

The bad - It needed to be on a screen about twice the size of the one I saw it on.

The sound needed to be at least twice as loud.

The neutral - the cinema was at least half empty which surprised me (maybe not well advertised) and the average age of the audience was probably about 36 which was also a bit of a surprise (although I am well over 36!)

But overall a worthwhile experience.

The bad - It needed to be on a screen about twice the size of the one I saw it on.

The sound needed to be at least twice as loud.

I had the exact same experience! I just got back from seeing it, and when I first walked into the theater and saw the size of the screen, I thought "that's it?" Then Supremacy started and I was thinking "this sounds good, but it could definitely be louder." I think some people must have complained about it during the film, because about a minute into Uprising they suddenly cranked the volume way up. It would've been nice to have it that loud the whole time, but at least they ended it on a high note. Overall though, it was still a great experience, and I will definitely be buying myself the Bluray/CD combo as an early Christmas present. :D

I had the exact same experience! I just got back from seeing it, and when I first walked into the theater and saw the size of the screen, I thought "that's it?" Then Supremacy started and I was thinking "this sounds good, but it could definitely be louder." I think some people must have complained about it during the film, because about a minute into Uprising they suddenly cranked the volume way up. It would've been nice to have it that loud the whole time, but at least they ended it on a high note. Overall though, it was still a great experience, and I will definitely be buying myself the Bluray/CD combo as an early Christmas present. :D

Same with us! Either we were all at the same cinema, Nantgarw for me, or it was the same for everyone. Small screen, crap sound & no atmosphere at all. No sense of being amongst a Muse audience. When I first walked in I had to go back out to check I was in the right place! Film was ok but not as good as I was exepecting. I remember the show as being much better when I saw it live. Where were the moshpits? Or don't the Italians do them? We had loads in London. 4k was very realistic but the close ups got tedious at times. Is Matt turning into Bono and has Chris had a hair transplant? Choice of sonfsgs for the film was poor as well, could have done beter or included more..

Should have saved our money and waited for the DVD. Watching it at home with the sound full up and space to dad dance!