7 String tunings

Oeneus

Does anybody use ADADGBE tuning for Muse songs as opposed to the recommended AADDGBE tuning? If so, how is it working out for you?

Just invested in my first 7 string which I'm picking up on Thursday and I'm just planning ahead of the chaos! x

you could always offset it and forget about the high E. You could cover a high percentage of those notes with the highest frets on the B string and i reckon the lower notes are more beneficial anyway. not idea, but one way of getting around it.

or have a slightly elongated route and have it so you could slide the sustainer 5mm towards the treble or bass side if a specific song required the high or low string.

or just get a 7 string sustainiac

I reckon it's worse, you've got a string that would be an E tuned up to a A, a string that would be an A tuned up to a D and a string that would be a B tuned down to an A.

A heavier gauge string on a 6 six dropped to A makes much more sense to me unless I'm missing something...

i would think the low and high strings would be weak

Maybe it's my crappy self install sustainer effort but high and low strings aren't that great with it anyway. I think just sack the low b string and it'd be good enough performance wise.

Looks wise it'd be horrid though