Adventures in Chrome

hooglebug

The damn black still hasn't gone right yet. It's either perfectly flat, but then runs, or has orange peel, or a fly labs on it. It's cursed.

Also,I haven't had a pc for two weeks, so I'm not ignoring any emails, I just can't get them on my phone for some reason

• 3 weeks later...

nope. what with my cold, then my cough, then blisters so bad on my feet i couldnt stand in one place for more than a minute, then the weather, then with the heater running out of gas...

and so on and so on. as soon as i can do i will do it. im sick of the damn thing:p

Thanks Kev, I just had a good old nosey at all your pics.

Can I ask, why do you have so many batteries in these guitars?

delorean: piezo, phase & FF

Chromey: Sustainer, neck leds & FF

007:, piezo, neck leds, wah, sustainer & midi strip

:D

Edited by musecasters

delorean: piezo, phase & FF

Chromey: Sustainer, neck leds & FF

007:, piezo, neck leds, wah, sustainer & midi strip

:D

Yeah, I get that, but why do you have separate batteries for everything? They can all run off the same battery. I can see why you'd want the LED's and MIDI stuff on a separate circuit, but the FF, piezo and Phase 90 draw almost no current.

Yeah, I get that, but why do you have separate batteries for everything? They can all run off the same battery. I can see why you'd want the LED's and MIDI stuff on a separate circuit, but the FF, piezo and Phase 90 draw almost no current.

just the way i've always done it really, no grand plan :D

musecasters: Do you make your own necks?

He told me he gets them from WD music or warmoth. Did you see the new one he's building?

Oh and hooglebug, PM incoming..

edit: Oh never mind, I didn't realize that last one already answered my question :facepalm: When do you suppose the chrome will be finished?

no idea. if i can get the black on fine, then i'll leave it a week or so for any thinners to leave, then IF the chrome works this time, it will only be a week or so after that that it will be done. its just getting the black right and getting the bloody chrome to work.

i think this time im going to try doing it a little bit at a time, since the headstock worked fine. so i'll do little sections and hope that does it

He built the neck for the 7 string

And one other from what I remember. Don't know if he's ever posted it here though

no idea. if i can get the black on fine, then i'll leave it a week or so for any thinners to leave, then IF the chrome works this time, it will only be a week or so after that that it will be done. its just getting the black right and getting the bloody chrome to work.

i think this time im going to try doing it a little bit at a time, since the headstock worked fine. so i'll do little sections and hope that does it

ok then - let me know when you're ready to work on mine. I'll more than likely go for a standard finish instead

The little one? I don't think be like how that one turned out :D

Yeah that's the one

Did he build the neck for the LEDs on the 007, or where did that come from? Never heard of anywhere making those!

the LEDs are a mod that Sims does for existing necks. You could send a warmoth or anything really, and they just install the LEDs... for £420

the LEDs are a mod that Sims does for existing necks. You could send a warmoth or anything really, and they just install the LEDs... for £420

Damn cool mod, but that is expensive! I'm still slowly banking away cash to continue my Mattocaster build. Electronics are so expensive between the Sustainer and the pickup from manson!