How did he do that?

Farküs

Just saw Muse for the 5th time in Chicago and they blew my mind. To anyone that follows Muse Live and Bellamy's/Manson's Luthier antics, how did Matthew Bellamy make those wicked, dub step-like noises in the opening instrumental on this most recent tour? Is it mostly the X/Y midi controlleR or is it even that at all? To me he sometimes sounds like he's using a Hot Hand?? What does he connect his X/Y controller to? I have one connected to a Kaossilator Pro (almost done being built) however, due to its incomplete state, I haven't been able to mess with it and have never used the Kaossilator before. My new setup is a Sam Totman Ibanez that also includes a big muff, phase90, buckethead kill switch, and sustainic all within the guitar. For me and anyone new here (I assume weird noises is talked frequently around here) lets get a convo flowing. Pic below of it almost done.

theFuck.thumb.JPG.70987ce1c76b1a5f981649721e28cad9.JPG

tight. thanks man. any idea where I could hear that again? I love dubstep, and I'm not totally saying that was dupstep but it blew any dubstep I've previously heard to shit.

What do you mean? You want the song or you want an example of the MIDI controlled whammy?

This is the song if that's what you meant. Dominic. posted the example

search youtube for "the making of unsustainable" and you'll see what he's doing exactly.

He has a MIDI track controlling a digitech whammy DT. It switches the various modes, and also the pitch bend. No X-Y pad is involved, at least in the studio version

Archived