Urgent guitar help needed!

FingerFud

Hey guys. I noticed that the strap button at the bottom of my guitar had came loose. When I tried tightening it, it just wouldn't so I took the button and the screw out and as I did that, alot of sawdust came out. I tried using a longer screw, but nothing! It came to the point where I didn't even need the screwdriver and I could just push the screw in. How do I fix this? Its my favourite and best guitar I've ever had!

Hey guys. I noticed that the strap button at the bottom of my guitar had came loose. When I tried tightening it, it just wouldn't so I took the button and the screw out and as I did that, alot of sawdust came out. I tried using a longer screw, but nothing! It came to the point where I didn't even need the screwdriver and I could just push the screw in. How do I fix this? Its my favourite and best guitar I've ever had!

Bigger screw

Shove a toothpick in

I had a bass that happened to. What I did sounds nasty but no one will ever tell.

Get a toothpick. Snap it in half or a bit smaller so you have two bits with two points. Use a little bit of wood glue if you want to (you can get away without glue sometimes) and carefully place the toothpick bits in the hole. Ttry screwing the screw in again. Solved. ;)

Archived