Santa 2.0 out of tune?

MattMuse1991

I was casually watching videos from muse @ leeds festival In 2011. I was actually present at this gig and didn't notice at the time but upon seeing this clip It sounds as though Matt was quite out for new born? I still think he sounds awesome and I gathered that he always tunes his low E slightly sharp on santa everytime he plays it (that could just be my ears making an assumption) but here it does sound like the guitar is out when he plays the chords. I guess these things happen from time to time :LOL:

It sounds about right to me, considering it was the first song they played I doubt it would be out of tune anyway. I highly doubt he tunes his bottom string slightly sharp every time also.

It just sounds slightly out in some parts but just thought It might have been interesting to show anyway. To my ears it does sound like the bottom string is somewhere between D and Eb? strangely I've seen footage of a muse gig from 2007 where he actually had to change his guitar as it was out of tune in new born, his E string was accidentally tuned to Eb

Was that edgefest? He smacked it or something in the Stockholm outro

Yes that was the one! I just tried the leeds video playing against my own guitar and compared to that I sound flat even though the guitar is perfectly tuned to drop D. Do you think this could be an Intonation problem on the low E? I do have a locking trem also.

Archived