2013.1.29 - Sleep Train Arena, Sacramento, CA, US

supralover23

:yesey:

Line up and talk to your queue neighbors. In most cases, they won't bite. :happy:

I'm planning on trying to get barrier so I'll have plenty of time to get to know my fellow queuers (is that a thing? it should be). I'm just really quiet :$ but I'll at least attempt conversation... hah

Hey my fellow Musers what time are you guys planing on lining up? and where? is it the same as the last time they were in Sacramento back in 2009 (damn its been a while) at toll plaza 9?

It's the lawn facing the shopping center. If you're facing the box office, it'll be to your right. Hope that helps. It could be toll booth 9 but I'm not sure. It's going to be shit though when they move us to the arena side later in the afternoon. That's when all the asshole latecomers cut and moved to the front. :mad: I really don't like the way this arena runs their shit.

It's the lawn facing the shopping center. If you're facing the box office, it'll be to your right. Hope that helps. It could be toll booth 9 but I'm not sure. It's going to be shit though when they move us to the arena side later in the afternoon. That's when all the asshole latecomers cut and moved to the front. :mad: I really don't like the way this arena runs their shit.

K thanks, what time are people gonna start lining up? I have an exam in the morning at 8:30 shouldnt take long, but it is an hour drive to Sacramento so probably wont get there until 10:30ish...

K thanks, what time are people gonna start lining up? I have an exam in the morning at 8:30 shouldnt take long, but it is an hour drive to Sacramento so probably wont get there until 10:30ish...

I'm hoping to get there around 11:30 myself, last time I got there around noon and was behind 60 or so people in line, that might not be a good indicator though. It could be completely different this time around-- because of the weird changing of the line location thing, I feel like people might be discouraged from getting there too early. Just my thoughts though :)

I wish those of us who show up early could just band together and make sure all the latecomers comply to the numbers system. It was super frustrating that it wasn't honored last time and we shouldn't have to put up with that again :indiff:

Thanks. :happy:

You're welcome! If they do let us line up on site, it'll be near the box office and along the stairs there. I think the Muse one usually starts on the perimeter lawn because people get there so early. But every other GA show that I've gone to there usually has a line along the stairs.

I wish those of us who show up early could just band together and make sure all the latecomers comply to the numbers system. It was super frustrating that it wasn't honored last time and we shouldn't have to put up with that again :indiff:

We tried, but it didn't work! Security were such a**holes too. I'm skipping this show.

:$ At least they had good energy this time?

Yeah! I want more shows now. :supersad:

Venue security at the barrier remembered us from The Resistance Tour! They introduced themselves and said we were on the same side a few years ago. They were so nice to us. :happy:

Outdoor venue security was an entirely different story altogether. :indiff: Even barrier security told us they had issues with them and one was late to her shift because of it. They threatened a few people in line that they would get kicked off premises if they tried to go to the box office (even though it was open!) and a bunch of other stuff. Horrible. :noey: But I <3 the indoor staff.

^ looks like things haven't changed with the horrible security at Arco (Sleep Train). How was the show? Any rarities?

Yeah, they didn't at all! They made the line at the grassy area by the parking lot and threatened to kick them off the premises if they returned, but they let my sis, roomie and I line up by the stairs. We scoped it out for a bit before joining the others just so we weren't by ourselves. I thought it was weird that they kept threatening others while allowing some in, but that's Arco for ya. :noey: And when we moved, a bunch of people that lined up at 3pm cut in front of us and were saying they didn't have to move because they were waiting "so long." Ugh. But the line shuffle wasn't nearly as bad as the previous Muse show. We made sure the first 10 people got in the front of the line and everyone else followed suit somewhat. :yesey:

last night was arguably the most stripped show on the tour so far. they didnt play animals or plug in baby. they played hysteria and stockholm syndrome in the two rotating spots and exploreres was their piano song.

bellamy was sick the last gig so its possible he hasnt gotten much better. if you watch videos from the previous show his vocals are definitely not 100%. it would make sense if the setlist is cut down since hes off

but not playing plug in baby at a show....thats a horrifying thought

Pictures! I used my sister's little camera, a Nikon Coolpix S6300. I didn't want to bring in my big cam and wasn't planning on taking any pictures again, but since it's her last show she wanted me to take some. It was my first time using it for photos and I had a bit of trouble working with the settings and lighting on Matt's side, so not too many Matt pix in this set. Photoset here.

8430751162_18a1a92290.jpg

8430765294_ae0b425ea9.jpg

Archived