2013.03.04 - United Center, Chicago, IL, US

Furygirl

Hi all, I'm very excited about the show coming to the United Center. I'm going to be at work when the presale begins so I hope to steal away on my break for a bit to buy my tickets (I only get 15 minutes - hopefully that's long enough!). I am wondering if anyone knows where the "good" seats are in the United Center since it is primarily a sports arena. I have been there for a Blackhawks game before and I couldn't imagine a concert would sound too good from where I was sitting... Has anyone seen a concert here before, and what are your thoughts?

Thanks!

@GameAngel64 the last muse gig here, there were seats on the main floor but the stage looked so small .... as many musers would say, it's GA or nothing :LOL: but if you're shooting for seated pick either Matt or Chris's side and go from there. "center floor" seats were meh to me

@GameAngel64 the last muse gig here, there were seats on the main floor but the stage looked so small .... as many musers would say, it's GA or nothing :LOL: but if you're shooting for seated pick either Matt or Chris's side and go from there. "center floor" seats were meh to me

So there are seats on the (flat surface) main floor with a million people standing in front of you? That sounds more lousy than the bleachers for sure - it's like GA without the mobility! So I should try to get bleacher seats on either the left or right side of the stage, right? Thanks for your help!

So there are seats on the (flat surface) main floor with a million people standing in front of you? That sounds more lousy than the bleachers for sure - it's like GA without the mobility! So I should try to get bleacher seats on either the left or right side of the stage, right? Thanks for your help!

just to clarify, there were people in front on the GA floor, but they didn't block your view in the center floor seats I had, bc it was far enough away and the seats were on slightly raised platforms. buuuuuut I definitely wasn't very happy :p

even if I don't get barrier at least I can dance around unimpeded! :D

I'm hoping to go to the gig with a couple of friends. I went to a Muse gig a couple years back in the United Center and had seats in the second tear. Not the best place to be because quite frankly, the acoustics were pretty bad. Anyways, I want to get GA tickets and I was wondering how important it is to get there early. I remember last year I got there about 2 hours before the show and the floor was wide open. Any Musers have any advice for a first time general attender?

Leave it to Muse to have their pre-sale in the middle of the week when we either have work, or in my case a very strict teacher :LOL: Ah well, I'll try to land three tickets, seated, tomorrow, if they're really crummy by the time lunch rolls on by I think I'll just wait until the general sale

I wound up getting 2 vip tickets...row 1...section 110 :$ I don't know if this will work out in my favor or if I've just been swindled...

We also bought 3 VIP tickets (Section 110 and row 1) and the same thing happened to me - it was disheartening to see the general pre-sale tickets sell section 113 which appears to be one section closer...so I don't know.The only good thing about it is that it IS row 1 and no one will be in front of us. You would think they would block seats closer to the stage, I just don't know.

We also bought 3 VIP tickets (Section 110 and row 1) and the same thing happened to me - it was disheartening to see the general pre-sale tickets sell section 113 which appears to be one section closer...so I don't know.The only good thing about it is that it IS row 1 and no one will be in front of us. You would think they would block seats closer to the stage, I just don't know.

Here's hoping that the pre-show party kicks ass...what seats were you assigned?

Do you think more GA tickets will be released during Friday's presale or during the public sale on Saturday? I mean, the floor is huge at the United Center...

the floor is huge but for the TR tour I had seats and they were in the back part of the 'floor' -- folding chairs on temporary platforms. so the GA doesn't take up the entire floor if they do the seats in the back part again.

I've been getting the same seats through the presale all day today, I think I'll wait longer.

Since I'm obviously not in Chicago to know these deets, I think I've learned that 93XRT is the station for the presale on Friday? Does anyone know the passcode to that?

If you look for Q877 info you might be able to find a code. their presale is tomorrow, perhaps its true that multiple radio stations in Chicago have codes. sorry but I dont actually remember the code itself. good luck though!

Archived