2013.02.03 - Rexall Place, Edmonton, AB, Canada

kaitie<3

I'm planning to get there around 5:30-ish. Is that too late to get at least decently close to the stage? (I have pit seats). I mean, I like Muse, but I have other things to do earlier in the day. When i saw them in Toronto on the Resistance tour it wasn't even sold out...

The Toronto show was sold out...

Must have been just sold out. I got tickets a week before the event, and still got decent seats.

Granted, they're more popular in North America now.

concert promoters always save seats for closer to the show, not every ticket is on sale right away

Got a pair of GA tickets I'm looking to sell as my boyfriend and I have decided we don't feel like moshing tomorrow night, especially with all you diehard Musers. Not sure if this is the right place to "advertise" this but I know GA is sold out and I'd like one of you guys to snatch them up so they don't go to waste.

We'd be transferring them via TicketMaster's Ticket Exchange as they are paperless tickets. We're looking for $130 for both, which is $65 each (which is a pretty good deal considering they're $90 each with all the taxes and fees and what-not).

PM me if you're interested! :happy:

EDIT: Just noticed the sticky thread (I'm on my iPhone) so the details are there. Sorry!

Concert preview

EDMONTON - Dominic Howard of Muse is tired but amiable.

His band has kicked off a world tour in support of their sixth album, The 2nd Law, and there have been a few issues. The production crew has been working out a few bugs with the set, and lead singer Matthew Bellamy was hit by a nasty flu bug just as the three-piece were playing three large shows in Los Angeles. Now Howard is feeling the ache that suggests he’s coming down with it as well..

Source: http://www.edmontonjournal.com/mobile/news/top-stories/Concert+preview+Muse+still+likes+experiment/7907718/story.html

yeah, just got back from this gig! (First post, longtime lurker yay...)

Rexall was nowhere near full....I hope that doesn't deter them from coming here again though...

As for setlist, I'm sure it will be posted,but it was pretty standard except that we got Feeling Good instead of Sunburn (or Explorers). To the best of my recollection:

1. Unsustainable

2. Supremacy

3. SBH

4. Resistance

Don't remember order, but they then played: MotP, Knights, Animals, Feeling Good, Panic Station, TIRO (TEASED HOST INTRO. ONLY PLAYED MAYBE 10s OF IT!), Follow Me, UD, Liquid State, Madness,Stockholm and a jam that I haven't heard before(a slower one).

Break: Isolated System

Uprising

Enore:

Starlight

Survival

(I may have missed a song or two...)

EDIT: Forgot about LS.

That number is wrong, I think. It was far from sold out, but I'd estimate closer to 12,000 or so. It was a bit of a dull crowd.

The crowd was AWFUL. I felt that my friends and I were the ONLY ones singing and rocking out in our whole section (we couldn't afford floor, unfortunately). We even got asked to sit down by people behind us, what the..??

The crowd was AWFUL. I felt that my friends and I were the ONLY ones singing and rocking out in our whole section (we couldn't afford floor, unfortunately). We even got asked to sit down by people behind us, what the..??

Yeah Edmonton crowds are great but other than the floor it looked dead in the seats

Yeah Edmonton crowds are great but other than the floor it looked dead in the seats

It felt pretty dead on the floor too. Aside from me and my sister, no one around us was even moving. And then there was us, dancing and singing and clapping and jumping like there was no tomorrow. It was a TERRIBLE crowd :(

Archived