Lack of a 2nd Law

Mitton

Yes and yes :LOL:

Matt is like an idea magpie. He'll grab concepts he thinks are shiny and incorporate them without any real deep consideration for them.

Hahaha, I imagine him scanning through a dictionary for attractive words, loosely looking up that word and then writing a whole album around it :LOL:

There's nothing actually about thermodynamics. Matt's using the second law (the entropy one) as an analogy to the unsustainabilty of endless economic growth, something more and more people are realising is a problem, as it demands ever-increasing energy/environmental costs etc.

This book is pretty good at exploring the subject, if you're interested: Prosperity Without Growth - Economics For a Finite Planet.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Prosperity-without-Growth-Economics-Finite/dp/1849713235/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348610070&sr=8-1

I would love to hear your theory on how Matt combined love and relationships into an album that was supposedly about thermodynamics, energy etc.

Go ahead.

The connection is with trying to keep the passion in the relationship going, but over time that reduces in any relationship. He more or less said that. It's not hard to understand really.

The last two songs are a representation of thermodynamics. I posted this in the main discussion thread.

I love it how Unsustainable and Isolated System musically represent entropy.

Unsustainable has a large contrast between different parts. Isolated System feels like a single, stable mass. Beautiful.

The last two songs are a representation of thermodynamics. I posted this in the main discussion thread.

Thats what I said at the beginning of the thread. I feel like only these two songs and possibly Madness (the relationship metaphor) remotely carry the thermodynamics theme.

Archived