Mitton

Did he have the same setup as when recording The Resistance. I'm loving the clean tones in Animals and the driven tone in Supremacy.

I'm not too sure. In the Australian Guitar magazine he said he used a Fractal effects processor so I imagine he used some of the tones from there. He said in a guitar magazine back in TR era that he uses two separate Vox AC30's a lot so I imagine he recorded with them too :D

Big Freeze's solo and ending has that text-book Muse, one of a kind Matt Bellamy tone that I haven't heard since Black Holes? or even maybe the Absolution era. He didn't use it at all during TR or on the tour. All of old classics even got reconfigured live (notice how pib, ss, and hysteria among others had different guitar tones last tour)

Big Freeze's solo and ending has that text-book Muse, one of a kind Matt Bellamy tone that I haven't heard since Black Holes? or even maybe the Absolution era. He didn't use it at all during TR or on the tour. All of old classics even got reconfigured live (notice how pib, ss, and hysteria among others had different guitar tones last tour)

Yeah i've missed Matt's tone. The only song off TR I think that had similarities to Matt's old tone is Guiding Light. Just the solo though.

Yeah i've missed Matt's tone. The only song off TR I think that had similarities to Matt's old tone is Guiding Light. Just the solo though.

Little bit yeah with the fuzziness but they went too fuzzy on that specifically for the 80s feel I'm thinking. But theres a couple notes in Big Freeze that are clear cut Matt. Knights is probably the last studio track with his signature tone.

The tone during the solo of Panic Station is so sexy.

I felt the live version sounded a bit more epic personally (may have been the phone recordings we got tampering with the sound). You could hear harmonic sort of pinch sounds as well, which blend in that solo VERY well imho, in contrast the solo on the album version seems a bit too distinct and direct. Not sure if you know what I mean? Still awesome/best song on the album for me though

Archived