Would you pay to view a live stream of a Muse gig?

leetroot

so the consensus so far seems to be that we'd all watch a free stream but not pay for one? (well, i'd pay a small amount for one but they wouldn't break the bank with the income from me :LOL: )

It's an issue of quality for me. There's always the chance of errors in the stream so the risk of wasting some money is there. And even if the stream runs smoothly it's still not going to be a very high quality outcome. Sure, you lose the experience of seeing the gig as it happens, but I'd prefer buying the bootleg afterwards. At least there you can have the gig in lossless or a high constant/varied bitrate.

I wouldn't. The compression would probably be quite bad and live streams have a habit of crashing. I'd pay for a recording that you could keep...not sure what benefits a live stream would have other than other than being sooner. But that's outweighed by the negatives.

I can only really go by previous experience which was very good.

My Freeview box has more lag than the streams I watched. (bring back analogue tv - never had any problems with that :LOL: )

ah well, another idea bites the dust :LOL:

No way. My experience from livestreams, is they suck... The video fucks up, or the audio lags, or something...

Having said that, if it was PPV on Sky Box Office, or a cinema event, like Noel Gallagher's O2 gig, then I would be up for that.

it's the same for me.

also it's not much use on a small computer screen with basic speakers but on a big TV and sound through a good system = happy days!

• 4 weeks later...

I've been to the flicks for a couple of 'live' events, the first was Frankenstein from the NT which was a repeat of a previously-live-feeded performance, which was *amazing.* The second was taking my mum to see Andre Rieu which was a live feed from his home-town concert. The 'pro-shoot' on the second one wasn't to my taste (too much crowd, too many close-ups on the soloists or wide-angle shots of the whole stage and not enough of the orchestra as a whole) and the cinema audience were really quiet, plus we were right down the front as my mum couldn't manage the stairs so the viewing angle was awkward, so it was a bit odd compared to going to an actual live event, plus the feed cut out partway though, I think it was because the weather was rubbish that night.

All that said, if I don't get to go to the Battersea thing live, I'll definitely go to the cinema, and hopefully there will be a bit more atmosphere with it being a gig.

Archived