Kitten Tab Factor 2012: Sunburn Summer edition

Dave.

Well I guess I can't stop you seeing as you're having so much FUN running Avid's excuse for a Windows version of a DAW

:(

Slightly more promising news is that after my dad initially failed to get me anything for my 18th, for uni he's offering to buy me a new computer so I asked for a MB Pro

:(

Slightly more promising news is that after my dad initially failed to get me anything for my 18th, for uni he's offering to buy me a new computer so I asked for a MB Pro

Hope you get it then :happy:

I was being serious about the whole "Avid's excuse for a windows version" thing too. Shit will run so much better with that program if you get your MB. Just be sure to get a good one cause anything Avid requires a lot of power to run smoothly.

I prefer Reaper or Studio One myself so I'm fine on Windows.

Hope you get it then :happy:

I was being serious about the whole "Avid's excuse for a windows version" thing too. Shit will run so much better with that program if you get your MB. Just be sure to get a good one cause anything Avid requires a lot of power to run smoothly.

I prefer Reaper or Studio One myself so I'm fine on Windows.

I thiiiiink if he's gonna get me one then it's gonna be one of the 'old' but up to date spec ones on the Apple site. Not one of the sexy retina screen ones cos they are ridiculously expensive

I thiiiiink if he's gonna get me one then it's gonna be one of the 'old' but up to date spec ones on the Apple site. Not one of the sexy retina screen ones cos they are ridiculously expensive

Apple products

But just a good processor and plenty of RAM and you can get by.

If you can go for one of the i7 8gb ones that would probably be better.

And damn, my laptop has the same specs pretty much and only cost $700 :stunned:

How big a difference are the two specs? This would have to last me a while, at least the 3 years of uni so I wanna make sure I get good enough spec to last. I don't know much about tech specs and I just assumed they were both good enough

How big a difference are the two specs? This would have to last me a while, at least the 3 years of uni so I wanna make sure I get good enough spec to last. I don't know much about tech specs and I just assumed they were both good enough

i7 is probably the best processor you can get out there right now (unless you overclock an i5 to get i7 power, but that's another story). Having the extra 250gb of memory could be good so you don't end up tight on space, but you can also get an external.

And the RAM, well 8gb is much better than 4gb. But I don't know much about Macs so you'd need to check if you're getting a 64bit OSX or the 8gb is useless.

i7 is probably the best processor you can get out there right now (unless you overclock an i5 to get i7 power, but that's another story). Having the extra 250gb of memory could be good so you don't end up tight on space, but you can also get an external.

And the RAM, well 8gb is much better than 4gb. But I don't know much about Macs so you'd need to check if you're getting a 64bit OSX or the 8gb is useless.

Hmm, I'll ask him to get the i7 one then preferably. I'm gonna get the new (Mountain Lion?) OSX so whatever that is

and yeah, gonna be using an external hard drive so not too fussed abotu hard drive space

Hmm, I'll ask him to get the i7 one then preferably. I'm gonna get the new (Mountain Lion?) OSX so whatever that is

and yeah, gonna be using an external hard drive so not too fussed abotu hard drive space

Just OSX Lion :p

It looks like it has both 32 and 64 bit kernels or something, so I guess you'll be fine. You'd want to check that though.

Just OSX Lion :p

It looks like it has both 32 and 64 bit kernels or something, so I guess you'll be fine. You'd want to check that though.

If you have a 64 bit application, it will run, if you have a 32 bit application, it will also run. Your aren't limited to one or another on OSX now.

If you have a 64 bit application, it will run, if you have a 32 bit application, it will also run. Your aren't limited to one or another on OSX now.

Usually 64bit can run 32bit programs, the problem is the other way around. But that's good to know :)

Archived