Welsh Musers

christoph

How much Welsh do you know? (Welsh musers only)  

40 members have voted

1. 1. How much Welsh do you know? (Welsh musers only)

Bore Da..OPPS! Pnawn Da... i cannot remeber what evening is :rolleyes: !

Im born in Colchester however i moved to N.Wales when i was little and have grown up in a small town called Ruthin (*god its SO broing here) (*i also have cousins from Swansea)

I found out the other day its a rule in my school to put the welsh first even thought there is FAR more english than welsh..and it was complusory for me to do Welsh once a week durning GCSE and only gain half a gcse? WHat is the point in that...n e way i got a C (*tickin boxes aint THAT hard!!!)

I dont know anyone else in Wales who is a fantic MUse fan like me :'( !!

And your lucky in S.Wales you get GLC or Lost Prophets singing in Cardiff etc!! Nearest to me is Liverpool or Manchester¬!!! :'( !!!

HELO my fellow welsh muser nice to know there is a welsh thread!

CYRMU AM BYD (*a fav sayin from my mates!)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Could someone tell me how to pronouce Rhys Ifans's name, as I'm sure I'm getting it wrong.. :unsure:

Hmm, well the Rhys bit is pretty normal, like you'd normally say Rhys...like Rees. If you're being very Welsh, then the 'h' part of it is prounced a bit more, but I can't find a way to say that over the net!

And even though I'm Welsh, I have no doubt been pronouncing his name wrong all along, but I say Ifans as in...

Iv ans. The Iv bit sounding like 'if' with a 'v' instead of an 'f' and the ans bit sounding like and just with an 's' and the end instead of a 'd'.

think you have to roll your tounge for the R in Rhys, and then it's a very strong If-ans for Ivans.

think that's right :happy:

Yeah :) . That's sorta what I was getting at with the Rhys bit, like it's not a full roll but half way there and a very pronouncable 'h' sound. It's like having to blow a bit more air out for the h sound isn't it?

Easy way for anyone to remember the 'If' part of Ifans is that...

F = V

FF = F in Welsh!

Edit: Just realised I edited it totally incorrectly! That had me so confused there for a minute :$

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
un

dai

tri

pedwar

pump

chwech

saith

oeth

naw

deg

un deg un

un deg dai

un deg tri

etc

or something similar :confused:

Ooh, 'ello 'ello, the Welsh thread came back to life! Yup that's it. Think I can count to about 20 or so before Iget stuck...but I still know the days of the week thanks to a quirky little song my old teacher taught me :happy:

Boreda, dwin hoffi MUSE!!

WELSH n bleeding proud if it man!! there is what i see as a downside tho... i am from GLC's neck of the woods, but i live in the nicer area of newport!! not the scutty parts hehe!! Ble rwyt ti'n byw?? Dwi'n byw un casnewydd. I think thats right?? we used welsh classes as a free period to be honest... not v.patriotic of us!! never mind!

hwyl

Archived