Welsh Musers

christoph

How much Welsh do you know? (Welsh musers only)  

40 members have voted

1. 1. How much Welsh do you know? (Welsh musers only)

I live on Welsh Road.

And so we have a sign on our garage that says "WILKUM". Probably not Welsh though. But we pretend it is.

I was reading that thing that wikipedia had to say and Gwynned is the nearest county to me :cool:

I would like to learn Welsh, and Search Within said she could teach some stuff, so i thought "why not have it for everyone", so i did :D

It's not just Jess (Search Within) that can teach though, anybody can feel free to add stuff.

All i know is:

Araf - Slow

Heddlu - Police

Thing is with learning Welsh, you have to learn mutations and all. So tis quite complicated. Plus how to pronouce them. Personaly I don't like the langauge at all.

• 2 weeks later...
How do you say train station in welsh? It's the only thing I ever look out for on a signpost when I visit my relatives in wales, and I've forgotten it.

Could go to google, but I like real people better.

Christ, I should really know this, my Welsh has gone appaling since leaving school.

Noone going to the Urdd?? it right next to my house, i might try n jump a fence in!

Im not competing cus basically i cant speak welsh! There has been some funny stories though, they painted the sign of the urdd on a grassland and one saturday night some lads put the St,Georges cross on the white bit!!!

so obv th cops r crap and dont do anything but...PAINT over it :rolleyes:

anyway anyone going?

Noone going to the Urdd?? it right next to my house, i might try n jump a fence in!

Im not competing cus basically i cant speak welsh! There has been some funny stories though, they painted the sign of the urdd on a grassland and one saturday night some lads put the St,Georges cross on the white bit!!!

so obv th cops r crap and dont do anything but...PAINT over it :rolleyes:

anyway anyone going?

Where is it this year?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

wanted to go to wakestock this year, but alas couldn't get there. Same with V but WHEHEY got a ticket to see them at MEN arena on the sat (got a ring from my sis in law to say the tickets had arrived on saturda. I was making my way up Moel Famau at the time and the wind nearly blew me over I was that excited!)

I'm from a village called Gresford, which is not far from Wrexham. proud to be welsh but very ashamed not to be able to speak it. Like most I didn't bother choosing it for a GCSE, as i thought it was a waste of an exam. Sad i did that now though. My father-in-law can speak welsh fluently, as he lived in a welsh speaking community in Moss side manchester (originally from Llangynog). He's tried teaching me a bit, but his versions of words are totally different to what I was taught at school, which seems to be a common problem.

Hey ho - one day I'll learn it but for now I must be content with being able to say the longest train station and sing the BEST anthem in the world bar non!

• 1 month later...
wanted to go to wakestock this year, but alas couldn't get there. Same with V but WHEHEY got a ticket to see them at MEN arena on the sat (got a ring from my sis in law to say the tickets had arrived on saturda. I was making my way up Moel Famau at the time and the wind nearly blew me over I was that excited!)

I'm from a village called Gresford, which is not far from Wrexham. proud to be welsh but very ashamed not to be able to speak it. Like most I didn't bother choosing it for a GCSE, as i thought it was a waste of an exam. Sad i did that now though. My father-in-law can speak welsh fluently, as he lived in a welsh speaking community in Moss side manchester (originally from Llangynog). He's tried teaching me a bit, but his versions of words are totally different to what I was taught at school, which seems to be a common problem.

Hey ho - one day I'll learn it but for now I must be content with being able to say the longest train station and sing the BEST anthem in the world bar non!

I got FORCED into picking it! What a waste of my time! I still don't speak a word of it either. :LOL:

It's quote gloomy here, I don't mind the rain though :D

The Welsh weather is rather unpredictable, I bet it's sunny at 4pm :D

There's a uni at Glamorgan isn't there? you go there? My boyfriend's at Bangor uni at the moment, I'm still in college though, gutted!

Archived