Song Muse/Matt put the most heart into?

Xvm27

And no, I don't think that was what was "special about him."

For me, personally, it was the middle ground where it wasn't a big deal, but it did feel very, very odd in person.

I think Matt said one thing during the gig I was at, and I don't think that made him feel "passionate" about the music at all.

I do think that was special, though)

It felt odd. Does "odd" mean "bad"? And I never said that that MADE him passionate. Passion about his music made him special, odd, if you want. Not-pop. Or you meant something else? What did he say during that gig?

It felt odd. Does "odd" mean "bad"? And I never said that that MADE him passionate. Passion about his music made him special, odd, if you want. Not-pop. Or you meant something else? What did he say during that gig?

Stop fucking talking about pop like it's the definition of soulless and emotionally disconnected music.

Ok, then. So, now he feels much more confident and that's why behaves like a pop-star?

He feels more confident so he's having fun by interacting with the crowd.

Man, all that smiling when he's down by the barrier must be a part of the act too, because he can't possibly be having fun.

Well...not fun in the RIGHT way anyway.

Stop fucking talking about pop like it's the definition of soulless and emotionally disconnected music.

Hahaha!!! You got my feelings towards pop. Sorry for this. I don't how to call it in other way. And I am sorry for the band that I adore. Yea, they are still great. But I always regarded them as something very unique, their music - extraterrestrial. Feels like they are loosing their specialness.(((

Hahaha!!! You got my feelings towards pop. Sorry for this. I don't how to call it in other way.

How about calling it soulless and emotionally disconnected?

Although, you're quickly becoming my definition of ignorance.

Yes, in this case, I think "odd" did come off as "bad" to an extent.

When, in fact, the aloofness was due probably to being uncertain or uncomfortable (as Sippe pointed out, he's said he was uncomfortable to not have the guitar, and he's also talked about being uncomfortable speaking to crowds due to fucking up what he wants to say, and as late as the SBE said he was uncomfortable without the big productions.)

However, without having any of that "back story" his lack of even looking at the crowds, let alone interacting with them, with such a big band, could easily come off as being an arrogant prick who is "above" the fans.

(And thus maybe why the pillars didn't work the way they intended.)

I think Matt has never looked as comfortable as he does during the T2L tour, and why wouldn't that translate as to having more fun with his music?

Why would a band being uncomfortable lead to them having more fun or being more heartfelt?

I would go so far as to say Muse was so concerned with their "exciting" and "raw" image in the early days, that it wasn't as "natural" or "fun" (at least not all the time) as you seem to be implying.

Hahaha!!! You got my feelings towards pop. Sorry for this. I don't how to call it in other way. And I am sorry for the band that I asore. Yea, they are still great. But I always regarded them as something very unique, their music - extraterrestrial. Feels like they are loosing their specialness.(((

I really think you're reaching by lumping all "pop" music together.

Not every act that makes "pop" music is a soulless corporate business... Those are just the ones that easily come to mind.

And you're wearing blinders if you don't think that exists in rock, too.

*edit: I guess it also depends on your definition of "pop"... If you're only talking about the big "popular" acts like 1D and manufactured boy bands, I guess I can sort of see the point.

If we're counting acts like Sippe's examples as "pop" then you're way off base.

I think we here make up lame sub-genres to avoid calling things "pop" that aren't like Top 10. :LOL:

How about calling it soulless and emotionally disconnected?

Although, you're quickly becoming my definition of ignorance.

Why ignorance? Is your aim to persuade me? I am sharing my opinion and want to collect yours. So stop being so irritated. I am calmly expressing my thoughts, please be so kind to do the same.

Why ignorance? Is your aim to persuade me? I am sharing my opinion and want to collect yours. So stop being so irritated. I am calmly expressing my thoughts, please be so kind to do the same.

Because you'd have to be ignorant not to notice how much fun Matt and Muse in general are having this tour. You'd have to be ignorant to narrow a whole genre down to "soulless".

Hahaha!!! You got my feelings towards pop. Sorry for this. I don't how to call it in other way. And I am sorry for the band that I asore. Yea, they are still great. But I always regarded them as something very unique, their music - extraterrestrial. Feels like they are loosing their specialness.(((

Are you seriously saying that an album that contains a song such as panic station and a song such as unsustainable is not unique. I'm sorry but I can't think of another album that has songs as uniquely different as that.

Because you'd have to be ignorant not to notice how much fun Matt and Muse in general are having this tour. You'd have to be ignorant to narrow a whole genre down to "soulless".

If I don't like pop it doesn't mean I narrow the whole "genre". But i don't how soulless, but emotional disconnection is one of the things that define it. And i did notice "how much fun Muse are having during this tour". I just mentioned that it's a bit different kind of fun.

If I don't like pop it doesn't mean I narrow the whole "genre". But i don't how soulless, but emotional disconnection is one of the things that define it.
You're probably gonna have to elaborate on that, because what you just said makes no sense. But lemme see if I understand you correctly. You aren't narrowing down the whole genre of pop, but still define it as emotionally disconnected?

And just saying that you don't like a genre is narrowing it down in itself, because what you've heard is about 0,001% of all the different kinds of pop music that is out there. Did you even see my link on the last page? How on earth is that emotionally disconnected?

And i did notice "how much fun Muse are having during this tour". I just mentioned that it's a bit different kind of fun.

You said that they didn't seem to be enjoying it. How can they not be enjoying it if they're having fun?

He feels more confident so he's having fun by interacting with the crowd.

Man, all that smiling when he's down by the barrier must be a part of the act too, because he can't possibly be having fun.

Well...not fun in the RIGHT way anyway.

I never mentioned any right way of having fun, if you highlighted this word because of this. I said that this is what i call Muse having fun with the music.

Even just compared to other genre of music, pop is incredibly diverse... Saying it's all soulless is a gross exaggeration, and really hurting your point. Whatever it may be.

Shit, Madness placed on the pop charts (and a lot of people have a hard time calling it a rock song,) and I'd hardly call that a soulless song, no matter if you like the song or not.

Yes, in this case, I think "odd" did come off as "bad" to an extent.

When, in fact, the aloofness was due probably to being uncertain or uncomfortable (as Sippe pointed out, he's said he was uncomfortable to not have the guitar, and he's also talked about being uncomfortable speaking to crowds due to fucking up what he wants to say, and as late as the SBE said he was uncomfortable without the big productions.)

However, without having any of that "back story" his lack of even looking at the crowds, let alone interacting with them, with such a big band, could easily come off as being an arrogant prick who is "above" the fans.

(And thus maybe why the pillars didn't work the way they intended.)

I think Matt has never looked as comfortable as he does during the T2L tour, and why wouldn't that translate as to having more fun with his music?

Why would a band being uncomfortable lead to them having more fun or being more heartfelt?

I would go so far as to say Muse was so concerned with their "exciting" and "raw" image in the early days, that it wasn't as "natural" or "fun" (at least not all the time) as you seem to be implying.

I said his manner is strange now and it's not suited him. And, of course, even back in early days he had kind of a stage manner and he definitely was acting. But that manner seemed natural. More organic, I'd say.

And i didn't say it's a wrong way of having fun or something.

Archived