Song Muse/Matt put the most heart into?

Xvm27

Yeah. I got that. But the whole thing was to show how much better Matt sings now than earlier. That's why I said you cut them in a right way to prove your point. If I did the same I could prove that he cannot sing now at all. Or...Matt is a drummer in fact. Or... Chris is actually singing all the songs instead of Matt. Like, i mean it could prove anything.

You are welcome to provide better clips than the ones I used. Since you can obviously tell that I cut them in a way to prove my point, you should be able to show me where. For example, give me a better G#4 from Origin Of Symmetry. Or a better falsetto E5 from the OoS era than Shrinking Universe?

If you want, I can walk you through every single note I picked for that video and explain to you why I chose it over the other notes of the same pitch.

And you are welcome to prove to me with subjective cutting how Chris sings all the songs.

He didn't because he just didn't feel like if you get what I mean. May be it's only my impression, but when he didn't sustain one single note after amazing performance of the whole song I don't really think he couldn't reach the note or 'avoided' it or covered it with screaming. He just decided to sing it that way. But when he does it now, I sounds like he's just too exhausted to sing it properly.

I think Matt didn't really care about the high note at the end of New Born that much because it wasn't a very important part of the song. No one really cared if he half-arsed it. It wasn't like the Showbiz ending or the Bliss falsetto these days. Matt simply picked his "battles". Nothing wrong with that, but it still provides a good point since Matt really makes more of an effort overall and consistently these days.

Why COULD? He did. Just not in the examples you give. Glastonbury 2004. What wasn't perfect about that?

I'm shameful to say I didn't go through every single performance before making that post. I simply checked the first links I got when youtube searching for New Born live in those specific years. I'm not saying that he couldn't hit a great E5 back in the old days, I'm saying that he can still hit it today, that's my main point. The rest is just to further crush your silly arguments.

I never mentioned studio records. I always prefer them live. And OBVIOUSLY these are absolutely different things.

No but you questioned me when I said that he avoids studio notes live.

Yes, I meant this. Also, he does not hold the endings long enough. (Please, keep in mind that I haven't check the examples you gave at last)

This was song 15 out of 22...night TWO of two nights in a row, performing 22 songs both nights, and also performing their hardest album vocally at the time. And if your best example really is how he holds those notes a second or two shorter than some other performances, then I think we're pretty much done here.

I still don't think he avoided it on purpose

So you think he sang the high notes before the chorus in falsetto in every live performance for over a year by mistake?

And then suddenly remembered how to do it like twice.

And could you please provide some examples to where he has problems "keeping his best" during entire songs? You know, aside from that ONE performance of Micro Cuts that you keep referring to, while at the same time complaining about how I chose the worst old performances of Sunburn

- what do you think of this? But this is not resting even... This can only be called "Matt is really really tired."

I think Hysteria (Reading 2011) is resting. Bliss at Manchester (2013) and pretty much everywhere these days.( Sorry I can't find normal video now, but check it out. Why wouldn't you call THIS as avoiding difficult notes when he definitely does?).

But as I said earlier when I say resting it refers to the way he behaves on the stage, not only to his singing.

And what do you actually think of Micro Cuts? Why it's so much worse then? If his falsetto was always much better than higher chest notes why he performs Micro Cuts so badly, considering that it is falsetto song?

This was song 15 out of 22...night TWO of two nights in a row, performing 22 songs both nights, and also performing their hardest album vocally at the time. And if your best example really is how he holds those notes a second or two shorter than some other performances, then I think we're pretty much done here.

To give this some perspective, in 2003 Hysteria was ONLY ever performed first or second in the set.

In 2004 it was performed 10th at latest, something that happened around 3-4 times, and then the gigs were two days apart. Usually it was still performed first or second.

And what do you actuallythink of Micro Cuts? Why it's so much worse then? If his falsetto was always much better than higher chest notes why he performs Micro Cuts so badly, considering that it is falsetto song?

Get the fuck over with Micro Cuts at R&L, jesus christ.

- what do you think of this? But this is not resting even... This can only be called "Matt is really really tired."

I think Hysteria (Reading 2011) is resting. Bliss at Manchester (2013) and pretty much everywhere these days.( Sorry I can't find normal video now). But as I said earlier when I say resting it refers more to the way he behaves on the stage.

And what do you actuallythink of Micro Cuts? Why it's so much worse then? If his falsetto was always much better than higher chest notes why he performs Micro Cuts so badly, considering that it is falsetto song?

Sounds like most performances of Stockholm Syndrome ever. He has always been tired when playing that at the end of a set. Actually the last "I wish I could" was even sustained longer than most gigs post-2004.

right...

I never said that his falsetto was always better than his higher chest. I think you're confusing things. However, doing high 4th octave notes(Matt's high chest) is easier in falsetto. There's a difference.

Let me put it this way. Matt replaces high chest with LOW falsetto. I promise you that not even the people on this board will have a problem with falsetto A4(Sing For Absolution & Hyper Music) or G#4 (Ruled By Secrecy)

To give this some perspective, in 2003 Hysteria was ONLY ever performed first or second in the set.

In 2004 it was performed 10th at latest, something that happened around 3-4 times, and then the gigs were two days apart. Usually it was still performed first or second.

Ok. That's true.

It wasn't R&L.

I just want to understand how that happened. Do you have problems with this?

He has a harder time reaching falsetto notes, but makes up for it by greatly improving his technique. That's about it. It means that he can still sing everything pretty much the same, but if his technique isn't spot on, there will be mistakes.

So what performance where you referring to? I got a bit lost with the multiple posts in the last two pages

Yes, Micro Cuts is still my best example. But I mentioned Hullabaloo as the best, and Reading 2011 as the worst.

But today I have brought about Hysteria (Reading 2011 again), Bliss and Stockholm Syndrome (Manchester, 2013). Bliss, by the way, is getting worse and worse recently with the few exceptions.

And. I never asked you, guys, can he still sing Falling Down as he used too. I think he started to struggle with this song a bit, didn't he?

And New Born. I can't find a proper example now, but I will. I am scared that his voice is going to break down on "Cause you've seen... you've seen... too much etc." Am I wrong?

He has a harder time reaching falsetto notes, but makes up for it by greatly improving his technique. That's about it. It means that he can still sing everything pretty much the same, but if his technique isn't spot on, there will be mistakes.

Ok. So basically he can still sing everything pretty much the same? Not better than ever before as you were arguing?

Anyway, I am happy with this. But I am just thinking, for how long will it remain. His voice will get worse, if not now, but very soon if they continue to have concerts almost every day.

Yes, Micro Cuts is still my best example. But I mentioned Hullabaloo as the best, and Reading 2011 as the worst.

But today I have brought about Hysteria (Reading 2011 again), Bliss and Stockholm Syndrome (Manchester, 2013). Bliss, by the way, is getting worse and worse recently with the few exceptions.

Wat...

you said that. I told you to get over with that performance, since it was a one-off and since he sang the song in an incredibly powerful way this year, and you said

It wasn't R&L.

I just want to understand how that happened. Do you have problems with this?

then

:wtf:

And. I never asked you, guys, can he still sing Falling Down as he used too. I think he started to struggle with this song a bit, didn't he?

And New Born. I can't find a proper example now, but I will. I am scared that his voice is going to break down on "Cause you've seen... you've seen... too much etc." Am I wrong?

Bliss is a song that I agree is worse these days.

But Falling Down sounded really good in 2012. He was definitely a lot closer to cracking in the early days, something that he also did every now and then. But that was kinda the point of the high notes in that song, I mean he even "cracked" in the studio version.

I don't see why you keep seeing your fear of Matt cracking as an example of how he's worse. Matt doesn't crack, and he is rarely even shaky. In fact he is mostly spot on with pretty much every song but Micro Cuts these days.

Ok. So basically he can still sing everything pretty much the same? Not better than ever before as you were arguing?

Anyway, I am happy with this. But I am just thinking, for how long will it remain. His voice will get worse, if not now, but very soon if they continue to have concerts almost every day.

He should be able to preserve his voice for a bit if he uses better technique and doesn't overly strain too often, which is what he's been doing.

You really need to spend some more time on reading.

I said he had a harder time with the FALSETTO and thus made up for it with better technique, not "everything". His chest voice is still much better now than it ever was.

And yes, Matt is definitely at his peak atm, and it will probably only go downwards from here. But that's due to age. In fact pretty much everything you've complained about regarding Matt live these days has been due to age. I know you haven't denied that, but still, I think you need to sit down for a second and think about how you're basically saying "Matt is so much older these days".

I think I figured it out. You think Matt sounds closer to breaking these days simply because he belts, as opposed to screams or yells. I kinda do agree that you're more worried that someone is gonna crack when singing notes like the A4s in Madness, A4 in Supremacy or the A4 in Hyper Music(before the chorus)

But that's not a sign of a bad voice, rather the opposite.

I think I figured it out. You think Matt sounds closer to breaking these days simply because he belts, as opposed to screams or yells. I kinda do agree that you're more worried that someone is gonna crack when singing notes like the A4s in Madness, A4 in Supremacy or the A4 in Hyper Music(before the chorus)

But that's not a sign of a bad voice, rather the opposite.

Yeah, may be.

I'd be happy if it's a sign of a better voice.

You really need to spend some more time on reading.

I said he had a harder time with the FALSETTO and thus made up for it with better technique, not "everything". His chest voice is still much better now than it ever was.

And yes, Matt is definitely at his peak atm, and it will probably only go downwards from here. But that's due to age. In fact pretty much everything you've complained about regarding Matt live these days has been due to age. I know you haven't denied that, but still, I think you need to sit down for a second and think about how you're basically saying "Matt is so much older these days".

Yes, when you put it like this... Well, may be it sounds like I am complaining about his age.

But this is about singing only. His...Strange manner on the stage has nothing to do with age.

What exactly is this strange manner though? Examples?

i have never mentioned this before. Apart from all of I said above I think his manner is moving towards pop-star behavior. All that crowd-surfing (even if he didn't actually did that he had a plan), all that "flirting" with the audience, "fishy" face, pop-like dancing while singing (ok, almost pop-like dancing), strange way of walking and... Like his expressions, his mimics, if you want.

I can give you some examples, but you can check almost EVERY performance since 201...2? It feels like he's not himself on the stage anymore. Seems like he's learnt it from somewhere ( I've got some ideas where exactly) and it doesn't suit him at all. Do you remember once I've mentioned that earlier it felt like he didn't care about the audience, he was completely absorbed by his own music? So, that was true. I am pretty sure that was not acting. I know something about this.

that's why I like him better back in early days. Yes, he was unexperienced, but he was natural, like a pure energy. Then, of course, he acquired some kind of a manner. But it seemed unintentional, also natural, his own, that was just an another expression of his music or smith.

I don't want him to stay the same all the time. But I'd prefer him to move closer to that personification of himself rather than the new one.

Don't think I'am insane in advance.

Archived