Muse in Kerrang!'s "Best Live Acts Ever"

Alec Ferris

Coming in at 4th, behind only Green Day, Slipknot and Rammstein, and ahead of Dillinger Escape Plan, Metallica and NIN. Not sure what Kerrang! are on about saying The Blackout are the country's best live act though, they were great fun at Reading but not the best I've seen.

Plus a snazzy poster of Matt, an ace one of RatM, OK ones of Metallican and Blink-182 and one of a rather muddy Trent Reznor (presumably from the catastrophic Woodstock Mk.2).

Coming in at 4th, behind only Green Day, Slipknot and Rammstein, and ahead of Dillinger Escape Plan, Metallica and NIN. Not sure what Kerrang! are on about saying The Blackout are the country's best live act though, they were great fun at Reading but not the best I've seen.

Plus a snazzy poster of Matt, an ace one of RatM, OK ones of Metallican and Blink-182 and one of a rather muddy Trent Reznor (presumably from the catastrophic Woodstock Mk.2).

Might buy just for Matt/RATM/Trent posters.

I've heard very good things about Green Day live as well to be fair.

Kerrang! are never going to get something 100%, though I've heard great things about Green Day live. I'm not sure about NIN being placed behind Bring Me The Horizon (who don't play songs so much as one great big wrecking ball of sludge).

Any list involving the words "best" and "bring me the horizon" is automatically null and void in my opinion! :facepalm:

I don't get what everyone has against BMTH.

This isn't a "best band" list, it's best live acts. And from what I have seen, BMTH are good performers that are great at getting the crowd involved and just having overall energy. That their music isn't in my taste is kind of irrelevant.

Meh, I had to see them live as a support act in 2006 and they were one of the worst bands I've ever seen or heard in my life. So maybe they've improved since then but that's just my experience.

But you don't think the fact that you didn't like the music could have had an impact on how you perceived them as a live act? :p

Well, quite possibly, I suppose. But I've had bands where I'm not a fan of the music but I've recognised they've put on a good show, and I've had bands where I've liked their music but thought they were awful live. It's probably a fair point though that when I really really don't like the music, not much is going to redeem it for me personally.

• 2 weeks later...
Meh, I had to see them live as a support act in 2006 and they were one of the worst bands I've ever seen or heard in my life. So maybe they've improved since then but that's just my experience.

They've improved, but when I saw them at Reading the music only really grabbed me for the first half of the set. I think part of the trouble is that Olly Sykes genuinely can't (or doesn't) sing at all, so the emotional range is a bit limited. They could've probably got round it if they'd brought on, say, The Blackout's singers for the sung bits, but as it was the songs ended up coalescing into a big lump of sludge :/

Archived