Thanks for the email Hooglebug, I have to save for the damn thing now, I know there will be some lead-time on actually getting the thing.

:) Damn cars, girlfriends, trips to uurope with work and weed.

in terms of acoustics you certainly can by changing the bracing and thickness of the wood. as for semi hollow solid bodies im not sure there'd be that much of a noticeable difference. tho there also might be. im so helpful hehe

heh, well at first (i'm always thinking about basses) I was thinking about making huge sustain, but then I think it'd just make the bass feed back? My acoustic bass goes nuts when I plug it into my bass rig and turn up, and my semi-hollow guitar was never much better.

just spoke with fedex as it doesn't seem to be going anywhere ... seems that they have all the info anyway. hopefully tomorrow.

i see you used three pieces of wood for that guitar body - is there an advantage of using one piece? i recall reading something about sound transfer, but i don't know if that was true or not.

That one looks pretty cool - how are you finding it?

It's honestly the best and finest guitar I've ever played. I love everything about it, especially the feel of it. It's just a superb, well built guitar. All of my other guitars are being neglected because I use this one 90% of the time. :)

At dest sort facility

JAMAICA, NY

Well, it's out of customs, and that's the last stop from the looks of things.

still says by 10:30 AM, so hopefully it'll be here in under three hours. :awesome:

Pics and review to come....

I'm excited for you James! Hope it arrives safe!

Yeah it should get here fine - it's been sent in a flight case. Plus the guitar looks incredibly well built anyway. Just waiting for fedex to update so I can watch the door...

Are you still going to do those tele(s) this year with necks from hooglebug?

:awesome:

ok, first, my own picture of it (which is inevitable)

IMG_0147.jpg

Now, for the guitar itself...

I was intending to make this review short, but .. I can't.

the whole thing screams quality. neck feels great, absolutely no fret buzz either. it was pretty much in tune when I got it! the finish has a few minor flaws, but that's expected for a handmade guitar. the mansons do as well. the entire guitar is built like a tank from what i can tell - it's heavier than my les paul actually!

the sound is AMAZING. especially in the middle position. the miracle man sounds great, even coil tapped. neck pickup has a lot of punch to it.

as for the setup, the action is basically how i like it and as i said, no fret buzz at all. feels great with 11's. (what brand was used btw?)

it looks a hell of a lot better in real life too. the finish is a little darker i'd say.

being the picky bastard i am....i'd give it a 10. i've only given it maybe 15 minutes of play time, but i can't fault it.

and as i mentioned before, customer support is amazing.

it's an amazing guitar - anyone considering having a guitar built by him...DO IT!

Guhhhh Im GASing like fuck for one of those DC Deco shaped guitars, with two HB sized pups, or a HB + P90 combo, But a flat top rather than an archtop... I would love you fo evaaa

If only i had the money :LOL:

Edit: wait not "archtop", but the convex top like on james' haha

Archived