the difference in tone/sustain with those necks is due to how fat they are not that they dont have a truss rod in. if they did have a truss rod in the difference between that and a normal tele neck would be the same as without a truss rod in.

its one of those things, there might be a slight perceivable difference, but perceivable to who? if you had two identical guitars but one had cf rods and the other didnt, would you be able to tell which was which?

and to be fair, this neck wouldnt need cf rods to stop it warping. its quartersawn, rock hard, and massive hehe.

*pop* long time lurker, first time poster

Hooglebug - I was wondering if you can give me a price for a left handed semi-hollow with a strat/wilkinson bridge in black flame maple top with mahogany back with a maple neck (rosewood fingerboard)

I also have a fuzz factory and a broken dl4. The broken dl4 isnt important i just want a decent semi hollow guitar for some jazz but still enough body to not affect distorted tone too much.

I am running an orange tiny terror combo if that helps with stuff selection, iunno about pickups for this application as i usually stick with ibanez/tokai standards.

looks nice!

well everything is paid for and the guitar will hopefully be here at the end of the week. lots of pics to come (not that you lot haven't already seen it!)

will post my thoughts as well, but I'm sure it'll be great. I'm already considering a second one haha (the strat-ish one)

SAM_0944.jpg

brazilian purpleheart - enough for two tops

american walnut and rippled sycamore - for special yet to be announced project hehe

SAM_0946.jpg

oooo big one piece rippled sycamore top. lovely

only trouble is its very cupped. a week in the bath for you my friend!!

well i just got the purpleheart cos i wanted some - was gonna get some zebrano too but the only decent piece was really badly warped. and the massive sycamore top was cheap so i thought what the hell

the other bits are for something in particular tho

Archived