Haha yeah restringing isn't fun, although it stops me doing it just for the sake of it.

I wish my tele had a finish that wasn't going to look immaculate for 1000000 years and a full maple neck with no face dots...

It would need completely stripping and refinishing. Probably easier to make a new body from scratch. A new neck would be nice but I don't play enough currently to justify spending anymore on guitar related stuff.

Looks incredible! was a bit worried about the finish aging, but that's exactly how I wanted it

So this is wired up for a coil split on the neck pickup as well as the mini toggle for out of phase in the middle position?

yes it is. push pull on the tone pot. which is what you asked for. i know you dont remember these things hehe

That looks great. It just shows what difference taking your time and caring about what you produce has. Both of you must be so pleased how that turned out.

I know I am! Now we just need to find a case for it and it can be sent out

yes it is. push pull on the tone pot. which is what you asked for. i know you dont remember these things hehe

Yeah that's true :facepalm: I didn't know it was possible to have both though. Guessing it has a fair few different sounds available

I know I am! Now we just need to find a case for it and it can be sent out

Yeah that's true :facepalm: I didn't know it was possible to have both though. Guessing it has a fair few different sounds available

the split and the phase middle option sound pretty similar to each other (still different but not much), but both on together you get a much more wiry sound

Not sure i'm a fan of mixing colour fronts with natural backs. Those two pics look like it should be two different guitars to me, but that's just my taste.

If it were me, and it was black burst I'd probably try doing the back and sides with the same clear black you'd have at the centre of the burst and just have the solid black on the front coming out to meet the binding. If that didn't look right then burst back and front with solid sides.

That said, the guitars Ant built like the one you bought with the natural back looked incredible so who knows!

Not sure i'm a fan of mixing colour fronts with natural backs. Those two pics look like it should be two different guitars to me, but that's just my taste.

If it were me, and it was black burst I'd probably try doing the back and sides with the same clear black you'd have at the centre of the burst and just have the solid black on the front coming out to meet the binding. If that didn't look right then burst back and front with solid sides.

That said, the guitars Ant built like the one you bought with the natural back looked incredible so who knows!

But... the neck thru! I want to show it off

For example, the two Manson E shapes I got recently. They have color on the back, and the neck thru isn't as visible as I'd like.

And yeah, you can give him credit for that, as it was originally going to be COMPLETELY blue from what I remember!

hot damn :tex:

I don't know. I'm leaning towards the red, but it's REALLY hard to make a decision. Maybe once I actually order it (would be after I get the second strat back from you)

• 3 weeks later...
Arrived at Sort Facility NEW YORK CITY GATEWAY - USA NEW YORK CITY GATEWAY, NY - USA 7:44 AM

#SoonButProbablyNotToday

Now as for that neck thru...when would be a good time to start that? can probably send the deposit next week.

I'll send you the final spec a bit later anyway.

Also need to get the blue one back so I can take a picture with the new one.

what!? i only got an email today saying they're reviewing my application. crazy. i think they just needed to show that i'd applied as a non vat so they can just send it as that. what a bunch of stupidness.

as for starting another. i need to get this chrome one done, then i have the two jnrs that need finishing, but if you wanted to get things going right away then i could get all the wood i would need in and finish the chrome one at least, that way the wood will have time to settle in here

arrived at delivery facility a few hours ago. It hasn't gone out for delivery, so I guess tomorrow

and that sounds good to me. i'd like to get that strat chromed before you start the next one, but i'll send the deposit before that. just going to go through the spec again if i can find it

also, i'm tempted to go with some rivets in that strat's finish like the bomber :$

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RAF-AIRCRAFT-RIVETS-28Q-6668-2-OZS-P-N-A-S-500-B-46-DATED-1945-/390497234554

they have to be dated 1945 of course. the color is just a bonus.

edit:

guitar stuff will be here #tomorrow - they needed a payment first.

Awaiting collection by recipient as requested

Fucking incompetent shipping apes. I never requested that, and neither did they when I spoke to them yesterday.

I guess I need to find a way to get over to who knows where and pick it up.

Also, hooglebug, I've always wondered... Is there any particular reason that the back of the angled headstocks you do are black?

Fucking incompetent shipping apes. I never requested that, and neither did they when I spoke to them yesterday.

I guess I need to find a way to get over to who knows where and pick it up.

Also, hooglebug, I've always wondered... Is there any particular reason that the back of the angled headstocks you do are black?

because i like it, and if theres a scarf joint it hides it because i think it looks ugly

Still waiting for them to deliver it :facepalm: was on hold for 40 minutes last friday and SUPPOSEDLY they sorted it, but we'll see what happens in the next couple of hours

Also, can you route the strat body I sent for a bridge and neck humbucker? Looking into trying Dave's signature pickup setup

yup can do.

i hope you like it after all this!!

I'm sure I will! If it doesn't get here today I'm going to go pick it up tomorrow... was told 3 times that it would be delivered the following day. We'll see if they lied again. It does seem like the last person I spoke to actually did something considering how long I was on hold.

As for the strat, that sounds good - I'm going to try to have the pickups sent directly to you, as they're coming from the UK anyway.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

With delivery courier WOODSIDE, NY - USA 3:52 PM

about f'n time.

pics/review coming later today/early tomorrow I guess. I'm going to let it settle for a while and wire the strat up in the mean time.

hooglebug, I'll PM you in a second about starting the neck thru build. Promise you'll use a different courier this time though!

Archived