look at my hard sexy wood

SAM_1781.jpg

01-1.jpg

heres the chamber and wire route

11.jpg

and after a couple of hours with some tiny planers

12.jpg

13.jpg

im leaving it rough till its glued together and the bindings on, then i can get it all nice and right. also, the ledge for the recurve with be very useful for clamps

also also, heres the top for the burst

02.jpg

i intended to get the burst body up to speed with the goldtop today, but 4 week old nephew got in the way of that. not literally obviously, he's not capable of that yet.

so heres where i got to instead. got the mahogany bandsawed and routed and thicknessed, the top thicknessed and the binding route done. and the recurve shelf half done.

03.jpg

also, my pot of gold came!! oooo

14.jpg

both are pretty much at the same point now. im going to have to get a new dremel, then i can do the headstock logos before i glue the necks in. the burst headstock will get bound i have decided now, while the goldtop wont. i got the fretboards and binding today so i can get on with them (until the point where i need to do the inlay. bugger.)

so, heres the burst

05.jpg

and both together. remember the carve is staying rough till its all glued together, then i can finish it off properly

06-1.jpg

and this is the ivoroid binding

04-1.jpg

got the dremel today (my first one with dremel actually written on it hehe) and got the headstock logos and the body binding channel around the horn done. also cut out the 12th fret inlays, but wont inlay them until the boards radiused as the ivory is so thin.

12-1.jpg

11-1.jpg

check out this quote from project guitar

To me these guitars look like a "Donald Duck Overdriven by a Bulldozer". May they are better but photos make them look that awful.

and this is a picture he sent me last week of what he thought i should do with them

guitar.png

Guest Batman.
check out this quote from project guitar

To me these guitars look like a "Donald Duck Overdriven by a Bulldozer". May they are better but photos make them look that awful.

and this is a picture he sent me last week of what he thought i should do with them

guitar.png

The one on the right looks like shit compared to the one on the left.

The one on the right looks like shit compared to the one on the left.

This. :LOL:

If you could find a middle ground between the two headstocks that would be cool. And I can see what he was trying to do with the control layout but it's better your way when it follows the burst. Top horn adjustment is shit