hmmm er.....hmmmm

i have the top glued together, just needs a bit taking off either side to make it all flat and lovely. im gluing tiny bits on each side of an old mantelpiece that was above a fire for at least 30 years (go knows what wood it is) to make the body base. i have an offcut of maple that i can use for the neck. just need to buy a little fretboard and a mandolin truss rod and off we go!

the plan is to give it to chantel mcgregor (who is absolutely brilliant and you should all buy her album when it comes out next month!!!!!) - try and tempt her into buying a full size one hehe

i want to get the sakura hanami finished so i can auction it off in aid of the people in japan who need it more than i do. so if anyone knows any rich people who can fund me to finish it, or any famous people who like to be seen to be doing good deeds to ramp up the auction price, you know where i am!

i want to get the sakura hanami finished so i can auction it off in aid of the people in japan who need it more than i do. so if anyone knows any rich people who can fund me to finish it, or any famous people who like to be seen to be doing good deeds to ramp up the auction price, you know where i am!

james?

hmmm... no maybe someone contact loads of good artists agents?

Muse? I'm sure if you actually managed to contact them they'd be willing to do next to nothing in order to boost their street rep :rolleyes: Plus having the auction up on their homepage would be a major plug.

Didn't they auction off a signed amp or something quite recently?

Muse? I'm sure if you actually managed to contact them they'd be willing to do next to nothing in order to boost their street rep :rolleyes: Plus having the auction up on their homepage would be a major plug.

Didn't they auction off a signed amp or something quite recently?

and drums (doms haarp drums :awesome:)

good on you, but which one would this be? the red one or the one darthwenus was considering?

the red one as its almost done. im obviously not going to be able to get the x-nickel finish tuners and bridge at the moment, so im just gonna have to get some chrome tuners and try find some small buttons or beg for small buttons from wherever i get them from. but this is all depending on money and at the moment i just dont have any

Very good initiative sir.

hehe. erm....i still need tuners, but they're the three aside ones. and i want small buttons. not the massive ones that come with the three aside ones. some people (like mansons and stewmac) do the three aside ones with small buttons, but they're the small tuners with the screw hole at the side, and they dont fit.

iv emailed mansons about getting some small tuner buttons, as i figured they'd have a few what with doing the special hardware on some mb1s, and they've said they're gonna have a root around and see what there is.

apart from tuners theres just three pots, switch, capacitor, jack and thats it i think.

EDIT: oh, and a case!!! i forgot about that. bugger

hehe. erm....i still need tuners, but they're the three aside ones. and i want small buttons. not the massive ones that come with the three aside ones. some people (like mansons and stewmac) do the three aside ones with small buttons, but they're the small tuners with the screw hole at the side, and they dont fit.

iv emailed mansons about getting some small tuner buttons, as i figured they'd have a few what with doing the special hardware on some mb1s, and they've said they're gonna have a root around and see what there is.

apart from tuners theres just three pots, switch, capacitor, jack and thats it i think.

EDIT: oh, and a case!!! i forgot about that. bugger

i asked them the other day about spare tuners :LOL:

theyve just ordered a shit load but have none in stock right now :( .

Archived