Because surely they had rehearsed it many times before playing it in St. Petersburg. So it wasn't really the first time in three years. At the RAH 2008 gig his vocals were excellent as well. After a much longer break.

Because surely they had rehearsed it many times before playing it in St. Petersburg. So it wasn't really the first time in three years. At the RAH 2008 gig his vocals were excellent as well. After a much longer break.

Rehearsing it is not the same as playing it live.

Play nice. Some people like different songs to the ones you like. These likes are opinions and not facts. Please see the distinction between an objective good performance and the subjective likability of the song being performed.

Play nice. Some people like different songs to the ones you like. These likes are opinions and not facts. Please see the distinction between an objective good performance and the subjective likability of the song being performed.

Hmmm... Voice not holding through the notes and being forced over in an weak falsetto or a clear powerful chest-notes before going purposely over in a strong falsetto. Which Take A Bow do I prefer? :rolleyes:

So, now that the excitement of yesterday has died down a little, I tried to make a full setlist with all the riffs and other things, since it doesn't seem to have appeared round here, not even on Musewiki.

This is what I got:

1. Overture

2. Uprising (long, riff version, whatever)

3. SMBH

4. MOTP + Who Knows Who riff

5. Guiding Light

6. Interlude + Hysteria + Back in Black outro

7. Citizen Erased

8. Nishe + piano

9. USoE

10. Megalomania

11. Helsinki Jam

12. UD

13. Resistance

14. Tits

15. House of the Rising Sun (instrumental) + TIRO + Jimmy Jam + Maggie's Farm riff

16. SS + Township Rebellion riff + Endless Nameless riff

Encore:

17. Soldier's poem

18. Take a Bow

19. Plug in Baby

20. Harmonica + KOC

Musewiki says that KOC was a separate encore, but I really doubt that. There wasn't much time between PiB and Harmonica.

The only thing I'm not sure about is when Maggie's Farm was played.

As for Guiding Light, I was absolutely happy to hear it. I love Guiding Light and I can't understand people bashing it. It's really very emotional, it sounds great live, the solo is dramatic and powerful, though many people around me looked dissatisfied when it started. Jedem das seine!

And as for analysis and this kind of stuff, you know, I'm really mad about music theory and chords and keys etc, but music theory cannot always explain why you like some piece of music or not. Love is irrational. I think Guiding Light is nice, and I enjoyed it a lot.

So, now that the excitement of yesterday has died down a little, I tried to make a full setlist with all the riffs and other things, since it doesn't seem to have appeared round here, not even on Musewiki.

This is what I got:

1. Overture

2. Uprising (long, riff version, whatever)

3. SMBH

4. MOTP + Who Knows Who riff

5. Guiding Light

6. Interlude + Hysteria + Back in Black outro

7. Citizen Erased

8. Nishe + piano

9. USoE

10. Megalomania

11. Helsinki Jam

12. UD

13. Resistance

14. Tits

15. House of the Rising Sun (instrumental) + TIRO + Jimmy Jam + Maggie's Farm riff

16. SS + Township Rebellion riff + Endless Nameless riff

Encore:

17. Soldier's poem

18. Take a Bow

19. Plug in Baby

20. Harmonica + KOC

Musewiki says that KOC was a separate encore, but I really doubt that. There wasn't much time between PiB and Harmonica.

The only thing I'm not sure about is when Maggie's Farm was played.

As for Guiding Light, I was absolutely happy to hear it. I love Guiding Light and I can't understand people bashing it. It's really very emotional, it sounds great live, the solo is dramatic and powerful, though many people around me looked dissatisfied when it started. Jedem das seine!

And as for analysis and this kind of stuff, you know, I'm really mad about music theory and chords and keys etc, but music theory cannot always explain why you like some piece of music or not. Love is irrational. I think Guiding Light is nice, and I enjoyed it a lot.

Maggie's Farm was before CE

Not sure if someone has put it here or not (and too lazy to look), but this is a fucking EPIC version of Overture:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_pECosIVEw&feature=channel_video_title

Haha, that's amazing. I love the 'Why are we' part. And the intense guitar swings when the riffs starts. My expectations for Reading/Leeds have increased by alot after these two gigs.

I wish KOC as a closer would fuck off.

I wish the same songs (in the same order) since Fall 2009 would fuck off.

At least the band is trying to branch out with Megalomania and more frequent performances of Citizen, Map, Take a Bow, and... Soldier's Poem...:$ Take what we can get at this point,no?

At least the band is trying to branch out with Megalomania and more frequent performances of Citizen, Map, Take a Bow, and... Soldier's Poem...:$ Take what we can get at this point,no?

We really shouldn't have to "take what we can".

Don't we all? :(

As soon as I hear the harmonica I figure it's time to leave.

We shouldn't have to though.

Archived