Resistance Tour Mini-Project

agenthal

So, I wanted to see what the interest in something like this would be... I'd need help for someone to turn it into a DVD, but I could do the actual editing.

Anyways, I thought it could be fun to make my own little Resistance Tour DVD where I make edits of random songs from random gigs. Just whatever is requested, I can find good footage and audio of, etc. Don't know how many songs I'd do or anything, just be more like a whatever for fun thing for me. Though if you have a request and especially if you supply me with footage, be my guest and ask away.

So yeah, any interest in this? I know one track would be my CE edit from Wembley, and probably some of my ones from the 10th, and I KNOW I want to do an MK Jam... Maybe the LA riffgasm if I can find footage? Like I said, just whatever I feel like doing, hahaha. This is something I'd probably do during Winter Break for the most part.

I've got some good footage from various gigs and I know Laure has too. Happy for you to use any clips you like. All HD.

Playlists...

DUBLIN O2 ARENA, 6TH NOVEMBER 2009 (from a great height!)

LONDON O2 ARENA, 12TH NOVEMBER 2009

STADE DE SUISSE, 2ND JUNE 2010

STADE DE FRANCE, 11TH JUNE 2010

STADE DE FRANCE, 12TH JUNE 2010

LCCC MANCHESTER, 4TH JUNE 2010

Didn't manage to get anything worth using from either of the Wembley gigs.

I've heard some people talking about/wanting to see a Stockholm Syndrome multi-cam from LA night 2. That one was pretty rad and should be included for it's uniqueness. No idea if there's enough footage to warrant an edit, though. I haven't looked around much and sadly my footage was lost in a recent HD crash.

I've heard some people talking about/wanting to see a Stockholm Syndrome multi-cam from LA night 2. That one was pretty rad and should be included for it's uniqueness. No idea if there's enough footage to warrant an edit, though. I haven't looked around much and sadly my footage was lost in a recent HD crash.

Yeah I was planning on at least including the riffs. Doing the whole song would be a bit tedious. :LOL: Well, I'll have to go look around. At least there's audio though!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there Haley, sounds like an interesting project - similar to the rumours which have been about regarding the 'official' resistance dvd.

Since my 11th september vids http://www.youtube.com/user/MUSEWEMBLEYSTADIUM

I have been looking at further projects which include video editing of muse gigs spread right across the resistance tour. The only difference is this time I am getting full permission from video originators before using video - as the plan is to upload them when finished to youtube (it was not the original plan to upload to youtube for 11th september, I have since gone back in hind-sight and contacted some video uploaders whose video I know I definitely used and gained permission).

I am also looking at & already edited videos for bands closely linked to Muse through resistance tour - in particular Biffy Clyro (also a personal favourite of mine)

I could send you stuff I put together or sort out some editing assistance if you interested.

let me know if interested...

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna start editing this. Considering my tracklist so far... I'm trying to make it ordered kind of like a mega setlist so it flows better. I really want to do Dead Cuts, but there's NO good footage of it from Japan or Hong Kong, grrr.... really unfortunate. If anyone has any input on perhaps which edit should be from which gig, go ahead and say so. Like, which should be arena version and which should be stadium in such. Keep in mind I need lossless audios to do the edit!

Best of Resistance Tour DVD

1. Uprising

2. Resistance

3. Map of the Problematique – Nassau

4. New Born – MSG ??? find better audio…

5. MK Ultra

6. BaH – Wembley

7. USOE

8. Sunburn – Australia

9. IBTY - Wembley

10. Ruled By Secrecy – Wembley???

11. MK Jam

12. Helsinki Jam – Nassau

13. UD – Nassau

14. NSC - Wembley

15. Bliss – LA

16. Unnatural Selection

17. Plug In Baby – MSG

18. Exo 1 – Charlottesville

19. Citizen Erased – Wembley

20. Stockholm Syndrome + riffgasm – LA

21. Dead Cuts???/KOC???

I am planning on doing some multicams of the tour as well. Here is what I have for Riffgasm so far:

Next I am going to do Guiding Light from Nassau Coliseum.

I'll definitely be doing the riffgasm... later. I'm too lazy to do it now, it's long and I'd need a lot of footage... I'm probably doing UD next from Nassau, dunno. Like I said, it'll be a full DVD eventually.

I think a good choice for New Born might possibly be the one from Portland, OR? The reason I say that (other than the fact that I was there and got good footage) is because the outro was epic...it was the Micro Cuts riff. (New Cuts? :p) I've already talked to you quite a bit on Youtube, here is my channel so feel free to look around at my videos and see if there are any you would like to use.

http://www.youtube.com/user/g0newick3d?feature=mhum

Also if you are going to do Man With a Harmonica, I have some good closeups of Matt playing with his amp (as I'm sure you've seen)...

I think a good choice for New Born might possibly be the one from Portland, OR? The reason I say that (other than the fact that I was there and got good footage) is because the outro was epic...it was the Micro Cuts riff. (New Cuts? :p) I've already talked to you quite a bit on Youtube, here is my channel so feel free to look around at my videos and see if there are any you would like to use.

http://www.youtube.com/user/g0newick3d?feature=mhum

Also if you are going to do Man With a Harmonica, I have some good closeups of Matt playing with his amp (as I'm sure you've seen)...

I don't think there's a bootleg audio of Portland though, and I don't really like working off YT audio rips like I did for MSG. Blergh. I haven't decided whether I'm going to use my Wembley 10th one, which is already done, or re-edit the MSG one so it doesn't suck. Same with Resistance... I might just re-edit and re-use the one from MSG, but make it better. :yesey:

I don't think there's a bootleg audio of Portland though, and I don't really like working off YT audio rips like I did for MSG. Blergh. I haven't decided whether I'm going to use my Wembley 10th one, which is already done, or re-edit the MSG one so it doesn't suck. Same with Resistance... I might just re-edit and re-use the one from MSG, but make it better. :yesey:

Well if you're interested I have the audio rip from Portland. In FLAC format though, but it's not too hard to convert. :p

Well if you're interested I have the audio rip from Portland. In FLAC format though, but it's not too hard to convert. :p

ooh, wait didn't see there was a FLAC bootleg, downloading now! Well, I'll decide later. Gotta look up footage and stuff. I've already edited NB twice, so we'll see ;) I'll probably do it, it'll just be a later one

• 1 month later...

Archived