Seats aren't quite my thing. And my section was ridiculous- no one (bar a few) knew any songs. And I got told to sit down in Butterflies and Hurricanes.

The guys were amazing, setlist was as well, just my situation was a little shit. But once again they loved it.

the people you sat near you sound like the people i had to sit near last night. with the whole not knowing many songs and wanting people to sit down

i was really into to, but when you see all these people around you not being very excited it does make you feel disappointed because its so exciting for you yet so unexciting for them

Nah the people around me were great. Behind me they didn't stand up basically at all but they were understanding enough to not bother me at all when i did stand up.

In fact my section and the section on my left seemed to be the most active out of all (as the people in my row and in front were fairly active). Got lucky I guess

i wanted to stand up but my friend's mum told us not to cause people couldn't see and also it was kinda awkward when no one else was standing up. but at least people got up for KOC i guess

i thought that as soon as they started the gig everyone would be standing for the whole time and singing word for word...i was very wrong

oh well idc if they didn't like it cause i loved it :)

i wanted to stand up but my friend's mum told us not to cause people couldn't see and also it was kinda awkward when no one else was standing up. but at least people got up for KOC i guess

i thought that as soon as they started the gig everyone would be standing for the whole time and singing word for word...i was very wrong

oh well idc if they didn't like it cause i loved it :)

I was singing most of the gig. When the bass got really heavy ie Hysteria it threw off my tone control completely unless I went into falsetto, so I kinda just mouthed there...

For the life of me I can not understand why people would not stand up at a Muse concert. :stunned:

i know right? people were like getting really pissed off and yelling at people to sit down.

i guess if i wanna stand then i'll go in the moshpit next time...i think that'd be funner anyway whereas in seats you can take everything in like the visuals much better

but i'm more for the excitement of the crowd and really enjoying the songs, so mosh sounds better for me

I mean it was fun enough, but when I know blow for blow what's going to happen for the next half-an-hour.... doesn't feel quite right

Yeah, I mean it is fun and all but boring because of exactly what you said, knowing what's coming. I would've loved them to do the Exo opening setlist, at least it would've been more unpredictable.

That said though, I did really enjoy it all.

Anyway, just got back. I didn't enjoy it as much as last night.

Overall, it was epic music and performance-wise, but I felt that I enjoyed the first night a whole lot more.

Woah are you serious? You thought last night was better?? Wow that's interesting, I very strongly thought that tonight was MUCH better than last night (from my experience at least), and I spoke to about 4 other friends who also went to both shows who all agreed that this was much better than last night.

The band seemed so much more energetic, passionate, happy and thrilled to be there tonight!

They played much more riffage tonight

- about 6 minutes of Stockholm Syndrome outro riffs, including Agitated (i think)

- some nice juicy RATM riffs to mosh too (about 3 or 4 throughout the night, including a mammoth rendition of Microphone Fiend's middle riff after New Born)

- and JIMMY JAM!!! woo that was great, people around me were chanting the riff like they do for PiB and KoC because they must have recognised it from HAARP, and it got a good mosh pit going too when Dom and Chris joined in!

The crowd in general seemed much better tonight too; I looked up and around the entire Arena during the Encore songs and I'd say about 75% or more of the seated area people were standing up dancing and headbanging and jumping around, and everyone around me in the mosh pit was going nuts and all the songs were being sung, including House of the Rising Sun very mightily I might add (because I read someone who said the crowd failed at it tonight, which I disagree with), and I found heaps of awesome Muse fans who were jumping for joy when the highlight of the nights happened... which of course were....

BLISS!!!!! as song number 5!!!!!!!!!! That was so amazing, this guy next to me had said "I want them to play Bliss" and I told him I would love that too, and then we hear the guitar arpeggio and I was ecstatic and the other guy jumped up screaming and then hugged me and we were both yelling out "FUCK YEAH BLISS HOLY SHIT BLISS BLISS BLISS THANK YOU!!!!"

And then after Nishe.... Matt starts playing a little guitar solo thing... And I was trying to figure out what would be played, as I knew it would be a piano song, and then as I listened to what Matt was playing, it suddenly dawned on me that he was playing the same little jam that they played at Glastonbury 2004 right before playing Butterflies and Hurricanes! (It is the jam that is used as the background music for the menu screen of the Absolution Tour DVD from memory)...

And I thought... no, nooooo they can't be about to play B&H. I desperately wanted them too but I couldn't believe. Then I screamed out "BUTTERFLIES AND HURRICANES!" to which a lot of people around me looked at me, probably just thinking I was trying to request a song, and so then they cheered and said "yeah play Butterflies and Hurricanes", and then 5 seconds later....... THEY START PLAYING THE DAMN SONG and lots of people looked at me in amazement hahaha (one guy asked me if I was psychic cause I seemed to know every song about to be played in advance :p).

Overall.... TONIGHT WAS AMAZING, in my opinion better than last night (and to all those who will then say "yeah but you got Feeling Good"... I don't care, it was still awesome and given the two rarities I had just heard I was feeling good enough to love hearing FG), and THANK YOU MUSE for getting back on the road of awesomeness!!! :LOL::happy: :happy:

Yeah, I mean it is fun and all but boring because of exactly what you said, knowing what's coming. I would've loved them to do the Exo opening setlist, at least it would've been more unpredictable.

That said though, I did really enjoy it all.

Yep not getting the Exo, KOC 3rd, Tab closer setlist was my major disappointment of the night. So would've loved to see that.

sounds like tonight the crowd was WAY more into it than last night. sounds like the mosh was really fun, and people in the seats were actually standing (75% of as you said)

i'd say at most we got about 40-50% of people standing the seats

the band must have been amazing if they were even more into it tonight than last night cause they were fucking pumped last night.

any of you guys disappointed with lack of dead star or had you already expected that to never happen?

sounds like tonight the crowd was WAY more into it than last night. sounds like the mosh was really fun, and people in the seats were actually standing (75% of as you said)

i'd say at most we got about 40-50% of people standing the seats

It varied throughout the night in my section, but it was good. Most importantly in my section people were cool with people standing.

Woah are you serious? You thought last night was better?? Wow that's interesting, I very strongly thought that tonight was MUCH better than last night (from my experience at least), and I spoke to about 4 other friends who also went to both shows who all agreed that this was much better than last night.

The band seemed so much more energetic, passionate, happy and thrilled to be there tonight!

They played much more riffage tonight

- about 6 minutes of Stockholm Syndrome outro riffs, including Agitated (i think)

- some nice juicy RATM riffs to mosh too (about 3 or 4 throughout the night, including a mammoth rendition of Microphone Fiend's middle riff after New Born)

- and JIMMY JAM!!! woo that was great, people around me were chanting the riff like they do for PiB and KoC because they must have recognised it from HAARP, and it got a good mosh pit going too when Dom and Chris joined in!

The crowd in general seemed much better tonight too; I looked up and around the entire Arena during the Encore songs and I'd say about 75% or more of the seated area people were standing up dancing and headbanging and jumping around, and everyone around me in the mosh pit was going nuts and all the songs were being sung, including House of the Rising Sun very mightily I might add (because I read someone who said the crowd failed at it tonight, which I disagree with), and I found heaps of awesome Muse fans who were jumping for joy when the highlight of the nights happened... which of course were....

BLISS!!!!! as song number 5!!!!!!!!!! That was so amazing, this guy next to me had said "I want them to play Bliss" and I told him I would love that too, and then we hear the guitar arpeggio and I was ecstatic and the other guy jumped up screaming and then hugged me and we were both yelling out "FUCK YEAH BLISS HOLY SHIT BLISS BLISS BLISS THANK YOU!!!!"

And then after Nishe.... Matt starts playing a little guitar solo thing... And I was trying to figure out what would be played, as I knew it would be a piano song, and then as I listened to what Matt was playing, it suddenly dawned on me that he was playing the same little jam that they played at Glastonbury 2004 right before playing Butterflies and Hurricanes! (It is the jam that is used as the background music for the menu screen of the Absolution Tour DVD from memory)...

And I thought... no, nooooo they can't be about to play B&H. I desperately wanted them too but I couldn't believe. Then I screamed out "BUTTERFLIES AND HURRICANES!" to which a lot of people around me looked at me, probably just thinking I was trying to request a song, and so then they cheered and said "yeah play Butterflies and Hurricanes", and then 5 seconds later....... THEY START PLAYING THE DAMN SONG and lots of people looked at me in amazement hahaha (one guy asked me if I was psychic cause I seemed to know every song about to be played in advance :p).

Overall.... TONIGHT WAS AMAZING, in my opinion better than last night (and to all those who will then say "yeah but you got Feeling Good"... I don't care, it was still awesome and given the two rarities I had just heard I was feeling good enough to love hearing FG), and THANK YOU MUSE for getting back on the road of awesomeness!!! :LOL::happy: :happy:

Well, personally I prefer last nights setlist, plus I had a better position where I could see all three members, the crowd around me last night was far better too.

Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed it tonight, and yeah I could tell the boys were having heaps of fun. it's just that for whatever reason I left tonight feeling not quite as happy as I had the night before.

I was absolutely stoked to get all the extra riffs though! Ah thinking back on all of them now, it was incredibly awesome hearing them all, especially the ones that are on HAARP/Glasto etc. I just think the crowd around me didnt allow me to enjoy the show as much as the first night though.

Yep not getting the Exo, KOC 3rd, Tab closer setlist was my major disappointment of the night. So would've loved to see that.

Same here, I was really looking forward to seeing that set. Ah well.

all the riffs that they did throughout the night sound like they were fantastic.

i see matt didn't do collateral damage intro again, that was cool to see even though it only went for about 30 secs, but my god all those riffs far outweigh that

listening to butterflies and hurricanes live version of it now, this would be bloody amazing to see, same with bliss

i would have loved to have had citizen erased and either bliss or b&h instead of sunburn, sunburn is great and all but i think bliss and b&h are better

and no motp for tonight but fg. overall i think this setlist was pretty damn awesome, would have loved to have been there

Fully agree that tonight was better than last night, although thats not to say that last night was average. Maybe its because i was in the pit tonight and that they played BUTTERFLIES AND HURRICANES! Played more riffs than the first night too!

Would've liked to see them mix up the order of the setlist a bit more though. First three songs and last 7 or so songs were pretty much the same.

Mosh pit was pretty good with the singing and jumping. Saw a couple of people pushing their way to the front, a couple were kicking, elbowing and pinching (it was a guy too!) on purpose. Some girl tickled me :p . People with water bottles really cant aim. Overall, the crowd really made the night more memorable!

Fully agree that tonight was better than last night, although thats not to say that last night was average. Maybe its because i was in the pit tonight and that they played BUTTERFLIES AND HURRICANES! Played more riffs than the first night too!

Would've liked to see them mix up the order of the setlist a bit more though. First three songs and last 7 or so songs were pretty much the same.

Mosh pit was pretty good with the singing and jumping. Saw a couple of people pushing their way to the front, a couple were kicking, elbowing and pinching (it was a guy too!) on purpose. Some girl tickled me :p . People with water bottles really cant aim. Overall, the crowd really made the night more memorable!

In any case it's good that there's actually a debate about which night is better.

I was absolutely stoked to get all the extra riffs though! Ah thinking back on all of them now, it was incredibly awesome hearing them all, especially the ones that are on HAARP/Glasto etc. I just think the crowd around me didnt allow me to enjoy the show as much as the first night though.

The riffs were amazing. I don't know about you, but I think what really got me into a completely obsessed Muse fan more than anything else has always been their live show, and in particular, those moments when they just go insane and rock the fuck out to heavy riffs (my current fav is Stockholm Syndrome live @ Pinkpop 2004, watch it here to have your mind blown

), and so to see it happen tonight (although of course a lot tamer than in those wild 2004 and earlier days), was amazing, and made my night feel complete. :)

That sucks that the crowd around you hindered your enjoyment :( I hate it when that happens, that kind of happened to me last night when I was 2nd row from barrier at Matt's side, so I chose to be a bit further back in the midst of the mosh pit for tonight and I loved it there!

PS I could be wrong (could be wrong but it should've been right! ... woops sorry about that I typed the first 4 words and then couldn't resist... of fuck... now I'm thinking of putting in some extra lame unamuseing pun about resistance... OK I'LL STOP NOW :p)

Take 2. :rolleyes:

PS I could be wrong but I think I might have seen you at the end as people were leaving the barrier after KoC finished, were you with Emma? I don't know what you look like but I remember Emma told me when I was with her at the airport that she was going to both Sydney shows with you, and you were both aiming to be at the barrier and wait all day to get there etc etc... I had a black Muse shirt (with the resistance artwork logo etc) and kinda long hair (for a guy) and said hi to Emma at the end while she was with another girl, wasn't you was it?

I wasn't disappointed about the lack of Dead Star either, despite the fact that I asked them Matt about it and he kinda led me on :LOL: (but never promised it). I went into the gig thinking it was unlikely to happen as they wouldn't have rehearsed it enough etc, and Bliss and B&H definitely helped me get over its absence!

Pretty much everything has been said already that I feel about tonight. HUGE set, really impressed with the long version of Bliss (it's been FOREVER since I've seen that!) and B&H was mad. Sad not to see MK Ultra though - I seriously love that song live. Hoping they do the 'upside-down' setlist in Melbourne next week - opening with Exo Pt1... wow I would probably cry or something.

:eek: AGITATED riff just made my night - I was front middle barrier and I swear about 5 people around me knew what it was and went mental like I did :LOL: I also managed to get Chris' harmonica (add that to the Muse Things box!) so that just made my night SO good. :happy:

Going to update tour diary now and sleep and work two more days and then head to Melbourne for my last two shows! :(

Archived