Definitely the most balanced back-to-back setlists I've seen this tour.

Oh, I didn't realize this was the second night!

Looking at the other setlist, yes, I agree. Muse are learning! 2 - 2 instead of 0 - 4. Muse are learning their math.

Confirming that it was agitated after ss.

In general - v. good. Somewhat disappointed we didn't get the alternate set list structure w/ powerslide and tab but when i realised we were getting the standard structure, about as good as i could have expected.

- biffy was louder than i expected. i think it was the 4th or 5th song, where they just spammed strobe lights. not cool, not cool at all. otherwise i enjoyed it.

- as stated above i was briefly disappointed when i heard watu. but watu is great so c'est la vie

- uprising good, can't say more

- resistance was a surprise, a pleasant one as 2nd really is the right place for it

- new born was another surprise, a less pleasant one as i was expecting mku. it was done well enough but obviously a smidgen slow to add to the fact that matt doesn't play the bloody intro any more. but the light show was pretty spectacular so that sort of made up for the loss of tab.

- the crowd REALLY got into smbh. the guitar was much, much, much meatier than i expected. that's a properly good live song.

- the lights went red after that and i was fully expecting to hear mku. was the shock of my life when matt started to jam in the key of bliss (in preparation for bliss). i was expecting bliss to be late-set. i don't need to say more other than bliss was the highlight for me. falsetto was wonderful.

- hysteria was next

- when nishe i was hoping for my life to see a guitar. massive relief when i saw matt had one, b&h was just as good as i expected.

- i thought usoe would get a bigger crowd reaction. was good nonetheless

- fg is not a bad live song by any means. goes without saying that it's the weakest of all muse's piano songs, but as a song on its merits, not bad at all. crowd liked it.

- helsinki was cool

- ud actually didn't mood-kill as much as i feared it might

- the crowd failed utterly at HORTS. I was like the only person who i could hear singing. failure. tiro was good

- starlight was good, the clapping was for the most part correct.

- the guitar being used as a searchlight lighting up the crowd, initating mexican waves was very very very very very cool. that was quite awesome

- pib was good, baloons were fun, chris kicked one

- fuck me the crowd was loud during the encore break!

- exo would've been better sans the screaming from crowd

- ss awesome. amazed that we got the agitated riff.

- koc was the one time the whole crowd, i.e. the people behind me, finally got fully into things, fistpumps and all. i freaked out the woman next to us by hitting the high falsetto note in koc. sorry, i surprised myself by hitting that note so well.

- there was a girl in front of me who was basically booty dancing the entire time. i was sitting half the time (basically the section from nishe to the encore) and i would've been annoyed - if she wasn't booty dancing. as it was, another attraction.

- bloody crowd behind me. get into it!

the setlist for the confused amongst you

watu uprising

resistance

new born + the riff they played on haarp, don't know the name

smbh

bliss

interlude hysteria

nishe

b&h

usoe

fg

helsinki

ud

tiro

starlight

guitar-reflected-searchlight-induced-mexican-waves pib

===

exo

ss + agitated intro + 2 (3?) riffs that i don't know the names of + endless nameless

mwah + koc

The riff on HAARP is Microphone Fiend :happy:

Looking forward to seeing the post stockholm riffs up on youtube :D

that's the one.

agitated was bloody awesome and unexpected. the other three/four riffs were nice but not amazingly memorable imo

oh and between my friends we had three seperate recordings of various parts of the gig going on at once. good thing to because as i feared the bass has overwhelmed the tiny mic on my ipod nano. massive distortion.

fuck my left ear feels weird. i suppose it's predictable an hour after the gig.

16 songs. about what i expected, shorter and i would've been annoyed, longer and i would've been pleasantly stunned

pretty good setlist - and to think that there was 4 rares spread across the two sydney shows yet 6 rares in one night at brisbane, lucky bastards in brisbane

still very happy with the set i got though

CE and sunburn!

I guess Brisbane was like a practice night for all the rarities. It's nice to see they're finally learning. Hopefully they'll keep it up for the rest of the tour.

- the crowd failed utterly at HORTS. I was like the only person who i could hear singing.

- exo would've been better sans the screaming from crowd

- ss awesome. amazed that we got the agitated riff.

- bloody crowd behind me. get into it!

Sounds like a pretty good night, did the seats end up being good where you were?

Really the crowd failed at HORTS? On the 1st night we had most people singing along, it was actually one of the highlights of the night for me cause everyone joined in

And yeah with exo that happened on 1st night as well, everyone was making so much noise during the encore break that when it came on you couldn't hear too well, still brilliant though. I loved all the purply cool stuff in exo.

were a lot of people sitting there doing nothing looking extremely bored like on the 1st night?

I guess Brisbane was like a practice night for all the rarities. It's nice to see they're finally learning. Hopefully they'll keep it up for the rest of the tour.

yep, i think these two gigs confirm my theory that those two gigs were practice runs

Gig was amazing. Too tired to write much but it was great. I knew immediately they were gonna play Bliss once Matt started playing tht slow Bliss improv b4 the song. Matt didn't play the piano during Nishe and brought out a guitar. I had high hopes tht it was CE but it wasn't 7-String so i knew it was B&H instead which was fantastic.

Sounds like a pretty good night, did the seats end up being good where you were?

nigh on perfect. no wall/space behind though.

Really the crowd failed at HORTS? On the 1st night we had most people singing along, it was actually one of the highlights of the night for me cause everyone joined in
from where i sat they were a bit lame.

And yeah with exo that happened on 1st night as well, everyone was making so much noise during the encore break that when it came on you couldn't hear too well, still brilliant though. I loved all the purply cool stuff in exo.
yeah it was good

were a lot of people sitting there doing nothing looking extremely bored like on the 1st night?
no, they enjoyed it. but they didn't get up and really get into it at my section until koc, with the exception of smbh. and only one girl was "booty" dancing.

oh and one other thing. one of the reasons ss was so awesome was because at the start of the solo near the end (where matt plays the main riff repeatedly) matt played the first part of it an octave higher. that was a very neat touch imo, and i've never heard it before.

I hope this is true. I hope this is truetue true! For America tooo! They should play all their shows like this!

^ booty dancing lol

seriously some of the people at the 1st night looked liked they'd found out someone had just died, especially people in the row behind me, i had no idea what was wrong with them

yeah SMBH got a huge reaction from our crowd too, as expected.

in PIB when he does the light reflecting off the guitar, thats so cool isn't it! for us he also reflected the light of a spinning amp, did he do that tonight?

^ booty dancing lol

seriously some of the people at the 1st night looked liked they'd found out someone had just died, especially people in the row behind me, i had no idea what was wrong with them

yeah SMBH got a huge reaction from our crowd too, as expected.

in PIB when he does the light reflecting off the guitar, thats so cool isn't it! for us he also reflected the light of a spinning amp, did he do that tonight?

Both. It was pretty awesome because the crowd reacted by doing a mexican wave. That was not something I had expected at all.

"guitar-reflected-searchlight-induced-mexican-waves pib"

Oh I almost forgot about that! Was hilarious, Matt had a cheeky grin on his face.

Anyway, just got back. I didn't enjoy it as much as last night. I was directly in front of Matt on the barrier, which meant I couldnt see Dom at all :( Bliss was a nice surprise, Matt was playing something on the guitar which vaguely sounded like Bliss and my friend and I sorta freaked out when we realised they were about to play Bliss.

B&H was incredible!! Ugh watching Matt play the piano is always so mesmerising.

Crowd was annoying to be honest, I just felt far too sqaushed, even compared to last night which was almost bad enough. I was half bent over the barrier most of the time, that's the only way I could stand up.

But yeah, riffs after Stockholm were awesome!

Plus Dom wore the wetsuit again.

Overall, it was epic music and performance-wise, but I felt that I enjoyed the first night a whole lot more.

"guitar-reflected-searchlight-induced-mexican-waves pib"

Oh I almost forgot about that! Was hilarious, Matt had a cheeky grin on his face.

Anyway, just got back. I didn't enjoy it as much as last night. I was directly in front of Matt on the barrier, which meant I couldnt see Dom at all :( Bliss was a nice surprise, Matt was playing something on the guitar which vaguely sounded like Bliss and my friend and I sorta freaked out when we realised they were about to play Bliss.

B&H was incredible!! Ugh watching Matt play the piano is always so mesmerising.

Crowd was annoying to be honest, I just felt far too sqaushed, even compared to last night which was almost bad enough. I was half bent over the barrier most of the time, that's the only way I could stand up.

But yeah, riffs after Stockholm were awesome!

Plus Dom wore the wetsuit again.

Overall, it was epic music and performance-wise, but I felt that I enjoyed the first night a whole lot more.

I reckon I would've as well, just on feel.

They do need to revamp the post-piano section IMO.

Seats aren't quite my thing. And my section was ridiculous- no one (bar a few) knew any songs. And I got told to sit down in Butterflies and Hurricanes.

The guys were amazing, setlist was as well, just my situation was a little shit. But once again they loved it.

Lol at Matt saying he wanted to move to Sydney and Dom's dedication.

Archived