Have you become a fan of a band that opened for Muse?

dylb88

Just wondering if anybody has become a fan of a band they saw open up for Muse on tour?

I wasn't a fan of the Silversun Pickups before the first leg of the N.A. resistance tour, and they didn't change anything.

However I've since become a big fan of Metric ever since I saw them open up twice for Muse on the 2nd leg of the N.A. Resistance tour. (Maybe it's just my Canadian bias showing :p)

What about everyone else ?

I've become a fan of Band of Skulls and Editors since seeing them open for Muse at LCCC. I'm not a big fan of Pulled apart by Horses because of the vocals but they're alright. I like Biffy Clyro even though I didn't see them; I listened to the free track that was in the download pack.

in Nijmegen Ghinzu and Editors opened. I already was a fan of Ghinzu, but never saw them live. Now I adore them. And seeing Editors live, really made me appreciate their music.

That. But now I'm more fan of Editors than Ghinzu XD

All acts I saw opening for Muse except 1-2 were pretty decent. Seeing The Streets supporting in Wemnbley 2007 definitely made me like them more, even went to see them when they came here cos of that and they were brilliant.

White Rabbits were the only band in Wembley this year I didn't already know and they ended up being my fave support :)

Kind of, I was already a fan of White Lies, but when they supported Muse at Kaisaniemi in July I became even a bigger fan :D

I know White Lies through Muse, for some reasons I always like fell over their name and I started to watch videos on YouTube and since I've seen them at the Frequency Festival I am in love with this band! I'm looking forward to hear their new album which is coming out in January and I really want to see them live!

White Lies didn't perform before Muse, they were the forth band before Muse. But still, I get to them by Muse.

They are very very good live and I love their first album so that's why I am excited about the new one "Ritual", maybe it's even better :p

I really enjoyed editors at lccg aswel :) I though band of skulls where ok and I quite like pulled apart by horses but only there studio stuff, wasn't a fan if them live

I already liked Band of Skulls before I saw them at the lccc but it was great to get an opportunity to see them. But I was dead upset because, for Band of Skulls the crowd were rubbish. It was only me and my 3 friends I was with dancing and singing along to every word. :LOL:

I thought Pulled apart by Horses were good live, they're not the sort of music I would listen to on my iPod all the time. I like Band of Skulls but I thought ,on stage, they didn't do a awful lot. Maybe I was expecting too much (commence lasers!) The crowd weren't great for the supports. It got better for Editors. People behind me were singing along and I saw a girl on someone's shoulders with a Editors T-shirt.

Contrary to the opinion of everyone else I've asked, I became a fan of The Big Pink after I saw them open at Sheffield. Well, I actually went and listened to their songs about a week before I saw them, but I still wentand got their album after I saw them. :D

I was already a fan of Editors before Sheffield but that was the first time I'd seen them live. And I rather like PABH and Band Of Skulls now.

Editors :awesome:

Ooh and although I wasn't there and didn't actually see them, my friend told me DeVotchka were amazing at SDF and that it's exactly my type of music so I gave them a listen and I love them (remind me of another band I love, Calexico)

I liked Metric before seeing them open last month, but didn't think they were very good live. I couldn't hardly tell which song was which because of the sound. Not to mention the seizure-inducing light show. The drums sounded good, because that's all that I could make out.

Their sound was TERRIBLE. I put in my earplugs for them, and once I did that, they sounded really good! :LOL: The earplugs blocked the distortion, and I could actually hear their sound.

I liked them before, but once I was able to HEAR them live, I liked them more. Too bad most people only heard the crap sound. What a waste! I would like to see them in a club sometime.

I've found a lot of music through Muse. Honestly, radio here is so bad that for years I just thought music was dead. Nothing new has excited me for, literally, decades. Muse opened up the doors for me.

Archived