Manson Signature Guitars DL-1 (Delorean)

musecasters

And the guitar is a painted flat top guitar, so it would be easier than mirroring a DL-1.

Theoretically though, wouldn't it be easier with the DL-1 because you can just remove the ali and have the body already routed for something on top? I would think the mirror would literally just replace the ali.

Speaking of this, I wish they weren't so stubborn about not doing custom things to the MB guitars, it would save so much time money and effort :$

Oh right, you have to send it back for mods, don't you?

And I would think the mirror top is slightly thicker...not sure though.

"Unfortunately we are obligated to ship these guitars out at Matthew Bellamy signature models, and therefore we cannot modify them straightaway."

Loophole, wonder if I could have Simno or someone pick it up and bring it back?

You could see what it looks like with the top horn flattened to dead parallel? It's still recognisable, but not suable. Looks pretty good though.

Yeah, I quite like the look of it, possibly even prefer it right now. Seems a bit more in proportion. It's hard to really get a feel of it until it's cut out and the neck is on though.

I just pencilled in what you said, but I think it starts getting too short for it's width if I do that.

Edit: On second thoughts, you're a genius. I've done the opposite though and ran the line from the horn straight across until it hits the line from the cutaway. Looks much better!

muscle,your avatar and james' look so much alike I saw that out of the corner of my eye and read your post thinking it was james wanting another delorean. I was like damn son calm down on the guitars.

I'd love the 007, glad I got to see it played.

Damn. There has to be a better way than paying international shipping x3 and import fees x2 :rolleyes:

So on top of the cost for the guitar and the modifications, you'd be paying well over $1000 more just for the shipping and import fees.

Sounds like a plan.

I wonder if they've received that bank transfer yet...took three days last time I think

PANIC :rabbi:

So on top of the cost for the guitar and the modifications, you'd be paying well over $1000 more just for the shipping and import fees.

Sounds like a plan.

I wonder if they've received that bank transfer yet...took three days last time I think

PANIC :rabbi:

Yeah, doesn't quite make sense...?

Don't worry about the payment, it was a matter of weeks before they emailed me saying they'd received the balance for my MB-1

They never contacted me when I sent my first deposit in, that took 2 weeks. I just called them once a week on Thursdays I think to give it time.

It'll get to them, atleast there is no rush to get the deposit to save the guitar. Still got forever to wait for it.

Yeah, I quite like the look of it, possibly even prefer it right now. Seems a bit more in proportion. It's hard to really get a feel of it until it's cut out and the neck is on though.

I just pencilled in what you said, but I think it starts getting too short for it's width if I do that.

Edit: On second thoughts, you're a genius. I've done the opposite though and ran the line from the horn straight across until it hits the line from the cutaway. Looks much better!

Ummm ok then :p you mean like a double cut away type thing, just straight instead of cut away like the other side?

Is it actually hollow alloy then or just wood clad in alloy?

classified info :stunned:

Nah, it's wood clad in alloy. I assumed it was mahogany or something, but it's heavily weight relieved (not chambered) tulipwood

Which is the same stuff musecasters uses. I'm guessing weight was going to be an issue (they said it was about as heavy as a 70's les paul, which are pretty heavy guitars)

all the wood and metal work was done by Hugh, so I'm guessing he did that swirl finish by hand or something.

I'm definitely looking into it though...I think I could make a fair bit if I sold my prized amp, but I'm not sure if I should.

classified info :stunned:

Nah, it's wood clad in alloy. I assumed it was mahogany or something, but it's heavily weight relieved (not chambered) tulipwood

Which is the same stuff musecasters uses. I'm guessing weight was going to be an issue (they said it was about as heavy as a 70's les paul, which are pretty heavy guitars)

all the wood and metal work was done by Hugh, so I'm guessing he did that swirl finish by hand or something.

I'm definitely looking into it though...I think I could make a fair bit if I sold my prized amp, but I'm not sure if I should.

that guitar's mine :ninja:

Archived