Muse win at BT Digital Awards

bunerz

Yeah that's what I'm on about, Tom is a fan of the band, that's what I thought was meant by "fansite", six degrees or not, it's still a fansite.

So by your logic it has to be managed by someone who doesn't like Muse, otherwise it counts as a fansite. You know, there are millions of ways to describe what a fansite is. A site run by fans is just the easiest one. If you really need to be suck a bitch about it, let me explain it to you.

A fansite is managed by people who are not payed by the band, or the band themselves, or anything that is directly involved in the band.

Well I wouldn't say Tom is strictly a fan. He's a friend and colleague. It's still nice if he does ultimately run it though as it means they are sort of keeping it in the family rather than it being run by a nameless suit.

It's not run by tom, he does absolutely nothing on the site or the board. :LOL:

So by your logic it has to be managed by someone who doesn't like Muse, otherwise it counts as a fansite. You know, there are millions of ways to describe what a fansite is. A site run by fans is just the easiest one. If you really need to be suck a bitch about it, let me explain it to you.

A fansite is managed by people who are not payed by the band, or the band themselves, or anything that is directly involved in the band.

Paid. :p

Fansites are run by people who have no connection with whatever their site's affection is about.

Watch out, he could respond to that with "Well if any of the creators have met the band, or knows people in the management, doesn't that mean that they have connections to the band?"

Watch out, he could respond to that with "Well if any of the creators have met the band, or knows people in the management, doesn't that mean that they have connections to the band?"

And you're calling ME a bitch? :erm:

I'm simply asking who owns/runs the site and if they're fans or not.

It's like a football team, bought by some billionaire who doesn't even like football, he just wants to own a team, is that the jist of it?

That is an automatic 'bot' that posts the news on the board. It's just an old joke.

Oh okay. I knew it wasn't him who posted the news. I just thought he might have been ultimately managing the site. I'm sure that whoever manages the site, Muse do have rare input though, like with the treasure hunt. I think it's under the Muse umbrella, gets spoken about occasionally in meetings and stuff whereas I doubt they ever refer to Muselive! :LOL: That's the difference.

And you're calling ME a bitch? :erm:

I'm simply asking who owns/runs the site and if they're fans or not.

It's like a football team, bought by some billionaire who doesn't even like football, he just wants to own a team, is that the jist of it?

Comparing it to football? Really? Are you referring to Muse or a fansite as the team that is being bought up? The answer to them both are "No, it's not even close".

If the creators of this site are fans or not doesn't matter, it's still not a fansite.

Enough, everyone... the secret's out... no need to continue.

This messageboard is not what it claims to be. It has nothing at all to do with the band Muse. Instead it is funded by a secret cabal of yak worshipers who believe they must make a yearly sacrifice of :srsb33f: to their god, The Almighty Lord Yakface, in order to gain atonement and an eternal life of sunshine and happiness with fluffy kittens and butterflies for all. Again, Muse has nothing to do with this site. Their name is just being used by the yakkians in order to provide a front for their yakworship, which they're afraid to do publicly for fear of religious persecution.

When it comes right down to it, it's amazing they've managed to maintain the facade for so long... and even more amazing that it was a random website award that finally blew their cover!

Really? Let me know when it gets funny.

;)

this is not a fan site. It's the official site

it all seems so simple.... doesn't it?

Comparing it to football? Really? Are you referring to Muse or a fansite as the team that is being bought up? The answer to them both are "No, it's not even close".

If the creators of this site are fans or not doesn't matter, it's still not a fansite.

This site I'm comparing to a team.

Bought/paid for by someone who doesn't give a hoot about the band but only owns it to add it to a list of commodities that can lead to further things like advertisements/merchandise etc etc.

And if the creators of this site are fans, it does matter really, if they were fans when they created it, btw I'm refering to the forum rather than the entire site in particular. I don't know if the forum's always been here or not, but presumably it was an early feature.

Enough, everyone... the secret's out... no need to continue.

This messageboard is not what it claims to be. It has nothing at all to do with the band Muse. Instead it is funded by a secret cabal of yak worshipers who believe they must make a yearly sacrifice of :srsb33f: to their god, The Almighty Lord Yakface, in order to gain atonement and an eternal life of sunshine and happiness with fluffy kittens and butterflies for all. Again, Muse has nothing to do with this site. Their name is just being used by the yakkians in order to provide a front for their yakworship, which they're afraid to do publicly for fear of religious persecution.

When it comes right down to it, it's amazing they've managed to maintain the facade for so long... and even more amazing that it was a random website award that finally blew their cover!

;)

it all seems so simple.... doesn't it?

Michael, is that you?

Oh okay. I knew it wasn't him who posted the news. I just thought he might have been ultimately managing the site. I'm sure that whoever manages the site, Muse do have rare input though, like with the treasure hunt. I .

I thought that Matt gave all the instructions to the guys designing the treasure hunt sites? That's what they said in interviews, so I still do hope it's true and he really was hehind it all :(

Moreso for this site, I'm not a fan of ML at all, the layout gives me a headache.

Also, Muse Bootlegs really deserves some credit.

Agreed, Musebootlegs guys are awsome :)

Archived