2010-09-26 - Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA - AUD FLAC

We Want The Cup

• 5 years later...

I know... SUPER old thread bump, but if anyone on these forums was at this 9/26/2010 (Saturday) show, what was it like hearing that riffgasm happen after Stockholm Syndrome? I mean, 10 riffs? Not only has that never happened before or since, but we don't even get half that many riffs in a whole show anymore. And yes, I know that was a special circumstance. I'm just curious what people's visceral reactions were as this was unfolding. Cuz it sounds incredible just on recording! :D

I know... SUPER old thread bump, but if anyone on these forums was at this 9/26/2010 (Saturday) show, what was it like hearing that riffgasm happen after Stockholm Syndrome? I mean, 10 riffs? Not only has that never happened before or since, but we don't even get half that many riffs in a whole show anymore. And yes, I know that was a special circumstance. I'm just curious what people's visceral reactions were as this was unfolding. Cuz it sounds incredible just on recording! :D

I completely lost all of my fucking shit. It was happening so fast but it felt like it lasted forever because of how unexpected every riff was as it came. I heard the Dead Star riff and thought that we would get the actual song, but it was still just as satisfying. We basically got Agitated without vocals which was amazing too, and this was probably the most excited I've ever seen a crowd. The 'riffgasm' was really the showstopper at this gig. Besides of course the Bliss + NSC + RbS rarities we got... I must say this was hands down my favorite Muse gig.

I completely lost all of my fucking shit. It was happening so fast but it felt like it lasted forever because of how unexpected every riff was as it came. I heard the Dead Star riff and thought that we would get the actual song, but it was still just as satisfying. We basically got Agitated without vocals which was amazing too, and this was probably the most excited I've ever seen a crowd. The 'riffgasm' was really the showstopper at this gig. Besides of course the Bliss + NSC + RbS rarities we got... I must say this was hands down my favorite Muse gig.

Gah. So freaking jealous.

That is one of the things I'm more critical of on Muse these days... they've really reduced the number of riffs they do, and the riffs were a big part of how I fell in love with them as a live act. I appreciate bands who do things live that aren't a part of their recorded work. Things like that make them stand out.

The worst part of this is that I could have gone to this show but chose not to because I didn't know better back then and figured the second night would be basically the same as the first night. How ironic that such a thing is more true now than it is back then!

Exhilaration, shock, couldn't believe it was happening, felt like forever but didn't want it to stop, felt completely spent and satisfied after. :love::facemelt:

Archived