Presents for Muse?

DaMyooze

I guess it's worth a try, but for what concerns me I've never given anything to security because I don't even think that all of them are able to see the band :erm: I had some gifts I wanted to give a few years back, and I've always waited to actually meeting the band to give them the presents.

I wouldn't even recommend you to give anything to the roadies, because a friend of mine once had brought cookies for Muse, and she gave them to some kind of stage manager before the show (not very practical during a concert..!), and later that night we met Matt and Dom, and the roadies had eaten all the biscuits :LOL: Muse didn't even see them :p But I guess that if you give your gifts to Tom Kirk, there shouldn't be any problem :happy:

:LOL: Well my gift is a scrapbook that is literally worth nothing and is not consumable, if that helps :chuckle:

I think I'll hold-out for giving it to Tom Kirk or maybe a roadie, since there really is no value to it, and therefore no reason for them to not give it to the guys :LOL:

My only problem is that I'm not in GA. :erm: Is it possible to meet Tom even if you're not in GA? Is there somewhere he can be found after the show? :unsure:

I guess it's worth a try, but for what concerns me I've never given anything to security because I don't even think that all of them are able to see the band :erm: I had some gifts I wanted to give a few years back, and I've always waited to actually meeting the band to give them the presents.

I wouldn't even recommend you to give anything to the roadies, because a friend of mine once had brought cookies for Muse, and she gave them to some kind of stage manager before the show (not very practical during a concert..!), and later that night we met Matt and Dom, and the roadies had eaten all the biscuits :LOL: Muse didn't even see them :p But I guess that if you give your gifts to Tom Kirk, there shouldn't be any problem :happy:

:LOL: They just ate the cookies. Tsk tsk. But how does one go about meeting them anyway? I've tried twice, and have been shooed away both times. At Coachella, I didn't have a backstage pass, and at Honda Center, the security told us they had already left. I know they'll say anything, but we actually saw a black limo driving out of the parking lot, so I assumed it was them. I want to meet them so baddd. :supersad: I doubt they'll be coming to Cali anytime again in the next like 4 years.

:LOL: Well my gift is a scrapbook that is literally worth nothing and is not consumable, if that helps :chuckle:

I think I'll hold-out for giving it to Tom Kirk or maybe a roadie, since there really is no value to it, and therefore no reason for them to not give it to the guys :LOL:

My only problem is that I'm not in GA. :erm: Is it possible to meet Tom even if you're not in GA? Is there somewhere he can be found after the show? :unsure:

:LOL: Good point. You're safe then :awesome::chuckle: so yeah, I think you should give the scrapbook to a roadie, and preferably one that travels with Muse, not a local crew one. There are more chances that they actually give the book to the band than with security that may not even see them!

It depends on the venue.. if you're lucky, there will be a bar or something on the GA floor, and that would make GA accessible for people with seats :p but I don't really know. It's a bit different everytime!

Well after the show you can try to meet Tom Kirk, but if you meet him, there are many chances that you meet the band too, so you wouldn't even need Tom for the book :LOL:

:LOL: They just ate the cookies. Tsk tsk. But how does one go about meeting them anyway? I've tried twice, and have been shooed away both times. At Coachella, I didn't have a backstage pass, and at Honda Center, the security told us they had already left. I know they'll say anything, but we actually saw a black limo driving out of the parking lot, so I assumed it was them. I want to meet them so baddd. :supersad: I doubt they'll be coming to Cali anytime again in the next like 4 years.

Well imo it's easier to meet them at venues, I've never ever met the band at a festival (or a stadium) but I've always met them at venues :LOL: and security always say that they left :noey: sometimes it's true, but sometimes it's not :happy: I think it's just about waiting, and being a bit lucky! And well sometimes, it doesn't work.

I've been thinking the same thing! Me and my friend were thinking about giving them presents somehow by meeting them, but we're going to the ACER Arena gig in Sydney, so chances are it would be pretty tough to get to meet them. I wont be in GA either, so I probably won't see Tom. After reading all of this, I dont think I can whole-heartedly trust the security to give it to them either. Has anyone had any luck at the airport? I'm thinking it would be pretty hard trying to get there at the right time and what not, but it seems like its my best bet.

:LOL: Good point. You're safe then :awesome::chuckle: so yeah, I think you should give the scrapbook to a roadie, and preferably one that travels with Muse, not a local crew one. There are more chances that they actually give the book to the band than with security that may not even see them!

It depends on the venue.. if you're lucky, there will be a bar or something on the GA floor, and that would make GA accessible for people with seats :p but I don't really know. It's a bit different everytime!

Well after the show you can try to meet Tom Kirk, but if you meet him, there are many chances that you meet the band too, so you wouldn't even need Tom for the book :LOL:

Well imo it's easier to meet them at venues, I've never ever met the band at a festival (or a stadium) but I've always met them at venues :LOL: and security always say that they left :noey: sometimes it's true, but sometimes it's not :happy: I think it's just about waiting, and being a bit lucky! And well sometimes, it doesn't work.

Yeah, that's true :supersad: I should have made a scene when I saw Kirky. :LOL: But I'm just really depressed because I don't know if they will come back anytime soon. Has anyone heard of any plans to come back and tour in Cali yet? :$

I've been thinking the same thing! Me and my friend were thinking about giving them presents somehow by meeting them, but we're going to the ACER Arena gig in Sydney, so chances are it would be pretty tough to get to meet them. I wont be in GA either, so I probably won't see Tom. After reading all of this, I dont think I can whole-heartedly trust the security to give it to them either. Has anyone had any luck at the airport? I'm thinking it would be pretty hard trying to get there at the right time and what not, but it seems like its my best bet.

True, but I'm sure it's about one in a million you'd see them at the airport. I think you'd have a better chance just waiting it out at the arena and/or getting there early, and ignoring what security tells you about them having "already left". The only reason why I left so quickly was because I saw that limo leave the parking lot... :supersad: Good luck though.

Good idea. :chuckle: but how would you know where it is?

Befriend someone who knows someone from the production team, then contact them after the gig to know the details :D they should know where the after-party is. in my case I knew someone who was friends with the opening band (Saosin), and she led us there and got us inside.

Befriend someone who knows someone from the production team, then contact them after the gig to know the details :D they should know where the after-party is. in my case I knew someone who was friends with the opening band (Saosin), and she led us there and got us inside.

That's a smart idea. I have absolutely zero connections though, so it might be kinda hard... I guess I'll try that next time though.

• 3 weeks later...

I think that maybe giving it to security just might be the best bet!

I went to their show on Sunday in NJ with a really special scrapbook I made for them that was from myself and 14 other fans from around the world. It took months of organization and work to make.

I wasn't able to bring the gift in either, but a very kind security guard assured me that all gifts given to security are looked-over, then handed off to Muse's production team/management. I was skeptical, but I had no choice, so I gave it to them.

I have been super paranoid about it ever since, so today when Chris was on Twitter, I asked him "Chris, did you guys get my scrapbook in NJ on Sunday? Security said they gave it to your production team. I hope you did!"

I got this lovely reply :D

a3kr68.png

It's still not 100% confirmation that they got it, but from the way he said "I'm sure the guys have it" makes me think that either he meant Dom & Matt have it or that the production/management people have it... So it sounds like it probably worked! Or at least, I'm praying it did! (I will post again if I get confirmation that they actually recieved it!)

So I hope that it worked for you as well! :happy: I'm sure they just get tons and tons of gifts so it takes a while to go through all of them :)

Also, how freakin' sweet is Chris? :) He took the time to reply to me, and even said he'd get back to me about it... which I hope he does :) Those guys are so amazing to us fans :awesome:

Please see my latest post :noey:

Best thing to do is to give stuff to Tom when you see him. I gave them some books and a dvd, plus socks for Matt. I know Tom still had them when he got on the tourbus. (cincinnati gig)

You're very lucky! I was gonna have my friend take my scrapbook into GA to give Tom, but security said it was too big to bring inside :supersad:

That's awesome that your gifts got to them :D

You're very lucky! I was gonna have my friend take my scrapbook into GA to give Tom, but security said it was too big to bring inside :supersad:

That's awesome that your gifts got to them :D

I think I was lucky that I brought the stuff in a Journey's bag which are basically clear drawstring bags. They searched it and I said it was stuff for the band and they just sort of shrugged and waved me on.

I spoke with one the the security crew later who said they could try to pass the stuff to the roadies to get to the band but I wasn't comfortable with that. Good thing I waited cause I managed to get Tom's attention between Metric's set and Muse going on.

Okay, scratch what I said before. Giving stuff to security is EPIC FAIL.

I tweeted back and forth to Chris about 4 times while he asked around to try to find the scrapbook. In the end, I asked him if he'd ended up finding it, and he told me that the Production Office (where we figured out it SHOULD HAVE ended up, based on what Security told me) never got it :eek:

I cried for ages and basically wanna kill someone :fear:

DO NOT TRUST SECURITY!

I tweeted back and forth to Chris about 4 times while he asked around to try to find the scrapbook. In the end, I asked him if he'd ended up finding it, and he told me that the Production Office (where we figured out it SHOULD HAVE ended up, based on what Security told me) never got it :eek:

DO NOT TRUST SECURITY!

I saw your tweets, sorry about it :( Security = untrustable (if that word exists) :phu: I'll keep thinking what I've always thought about it then!

DO NOT TRUST SECURITY!

Sorry to hear that, next time just give it to Tom and try to bring it in!

Sorry to hear that, next time just give it to Tom and try to bring it in!

They wouldn't let me :noey: It was "too big" or something :indiff:

At least Chris knows about its existence and tried to find it. He's definately a sweetie :) But that really only helps so much... All that wasted time and energy :noey:

Hopefully this can serve as a lesson to everyone else :LOL:

They wouldn't let me :noey: It was "too big" or something :indiff:

At least Chris knows about its existence and tried to find it. He's definately a sweetie :) But that really only helps so much... All that wasted time and energy :noey:

Hopefully this can serve as a lesson to everyone else :LOL:

I really believe it's all luck. Some security people are great, some aren't.

Archived