Line Hoppers at California Gigs

Citizen Sandy

Hi, I have a GA/line up question and I'm not sure where to go to ask, so I'll try here. My husband and I are going to two shows back to back in different cities (Ral/C'ville). We are driving up the morning of the second show and won't get to the arena until around 12:00. Would it be OK if he drop me off and let me get in line while he goes and checks into the hotel/park the car, etc - and then come and meet me in line? I don't want to do anything inappropriate, but I don't want to waste time that should be spent in the line. I would make sure everyone around me was cool with it, but I just want to make sure I'm not making some faux pas by even asking.

Thanks.

Hi, I have a GA/line up question and I'm not sure where to go to ask, so I'll try here. My husband and I are going to two shows back to back in different cities (Ral/C'ville). We are driving up the morning of the second show and won't get to the arena until around 12:00. Would it be OK if he drop me off and let me get in line while he goes and checks into the hotel/park the car, etc - and then come and meet me in line? I don't want to do anything inappropriate, but I don't want to waste time that should be spent in the line. I would make sure everyone around me was cool with it, but I just want to make sure I'm not making some faux pas by even asking.

Thanks.

I'd think that's okay since it sounds like he would not be gone very long. But yeah, definitely explain to those people in line w/ you what's going on so they know what to expect. That to me seems a little different situation than people holding places for their numerous friends who show up 4 hours later.

Also, if you haven't seen this thread, there is a lot of useful info there, and queue-jumping/place holding is discussed as well. You'll probably have to wade through some stuff, though. :)http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=69344

Thanks.

I think that would be fine.

Ah, I didn't see this thread. I posted about him in the LA#2 thread, so I'll copy and paste that post into here:

Here are a few picture of this kid who kept jumping the line in front of people who were there all day:

(I don't know how to use spoiler tags, so here are the links)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/UltimaWeapon01/misc/MUSE/26%20Sept%20Staples%20Center/P1000503.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/UltimaWeapon01/misc/MUSE/26%20Sept%20Staples%20Center/P1000504.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/UltimaWeapon01/misc/MUSE/26%20Sept%20Staples%20Center/P1000508.jpg

He was skulking around as early as 11am but didn't stay in line. It wasn't until around 3pm that he actually committed to the line, even then, he kept inching his way up the queue and eventually was right there one row away from the barrier.

Also, I heard him talking to his mother who was two rows behind him, so one row behind his friend, while he was picking his nose and wiping it on the GA floor. That's seriously disgusting. Then he ate Starburst afterwards with the same hand. I hope he can't see through his Bieber hair and gets run over by a rigging truck.

i was sitting right next to you! was it your birthday during the show? i think i remember you telling me

Archived