Line Hoppers at California Gigs

Citizen Sandy

Hi All,

First Time poster here and I just got back from the show at the Staple Center in Los Angeles. Fantastic BTW!!!

I am writing my one and only post to warn you of some blatent line cutting that I witnessed today that had me completely disgusted. It is not my intention to be mean. I feel that everyone here should know that, should you encounter this kid, he WILL cut in front of you.

Beware of this kid and his friend should you see him roaming around your line and not commiting to line up:

xfdq8m.jpg

15f1x5s.jpg

begaki.jpg

25ppm5g.jpg

2ypagbn.jpg

I got in line early like many others for this gig, about 6:15AM. I first noticed this kid roaming the area in front of the cue between 11-Noon. At no time did he commit to getting in line or getting a number, or even bother to talk to anyone to ask ANYTHING. A few hours roll by and I noticed that he had hopped the line and was sitting about 30 people behind me.

From the people I was talking to, he was asked to leave by the folks in that area and he did not. I informed security about this kid and they said that they would send someone out. That never happened.

So in the end, this kid got to:

Cheat his way to get up close. He ended up standing right behind me. I was at the barrier, right in front of MATT!!! (Excuse me while I have a moment of happy thoughts)

I got to hear his out of tune singing right in my ear, while he rubbed his pre-pubescent junk on me.

And to top that, he only knew the words to the new songs.

Perhaps that is what broke the camel's back for me. It's not okay to cut in line, but the fact that this child got away with cutting in line in front of so many die-hard fans AND he didn't know the words to BLISS!!!! Holy Jesus H!!!! That's just not right!:eek:

Those pics are priceless. There's lots of names we could come up with for those losers...

I don't mind people not knowing every song. But I do mind people that are just inconsiderate pricks. Tonight during RBS There were 3 guys shout-talking to eachother. I listened in a little bit, and they were gossiping about their personal lives. Ya know, I don't mind if you talk to your friends during the show if you are talking about HOW AWESOME THIS SHOW IS, but I don't understand how people can pay money for a concert, and then talk super loud, ignoring the fact that Ruled By Secrecy is being played.

Those pics are priceless. There's lots of names we could come up with for those losers...

I don't mind people not knowing every song. But I do mind people that are just inconsiderate pricks. Tonight during RBS There were 3 guys shout-talking to eachother. I listened in a little bit, and they were gossiping about their personal lives. Ya know, I don't mind if you talk to your friends during the show if you are talking about HOW AWESOME THIS SHOW IS, but I don't understand how people can pay money for a concert, and then talk super loud, ignoring the fact that Ruled By Secrecy is being played.

Even if it wasn't RBS and something much less brilliant, still pretty outstandingly obnoxious to pretend a rock concert is a local cafe.

I was in seats at the San Diego show, so I don't know anything about line jumpers, but there were people shouting "What's this song? Huh? Have you ever heard this song?" during RBS. I was so :mad: and wanted to scream "shut the fuck up!!!"

There are some good reasons for saving spots, like when your plane is landing in at 4PM and you want to be in the front. But in this case, that kid was there all afternoon, so he has no excuse.

I don't even think that is an acceptable excuse. I flew into San Diego the day of the gig, and respectfully got seats even though I love the pit. Maybe its ok if you arrive very soon together and very very early. Say one friend arrives at 7:00 a.m., and the other at 8:00 and it's just the one person joining in. :ninja: Even that is asking for it. Line jumping really should never be allowed.

I agree, all or nothing. When you make exceptions, it tends to just trickle down until everything's an exception. I don't like the idea of numbering, either, because what's the point? People could show up, get a number, leave for 4 hours, come back, get right back where they were, and how is that fair? If you show up early, and stay there, you shouldn't even need a number to prove anything.

I don't even think that is an acceptable excuse. I flew into San Diego the day of the gig, and respectfully got seats even though I love the pit. Maybe its ok if you arrive very soon together and very very early. Say one friend arrives at 7:00 a.m., and the other at 8:00 and it's just the one person joining in. :ninja: Even that is asking for it. Line jumping really should never be allowed.

What about venues with all GA, no seating?

I just know this has happened to me before, to where I could only get to the line by 4PM, and am grateful for people saving me a spot. And the one time I did that the people behind me were cool with it.

Archived