Digitech XBW settings

callingltu

Hey guys.

I have russian big muff and digitech bass synth wah, but still cant get anything close to muse using those 2 pedals at the same time. Of course using only muff sounds totaly like muse, but i cant find anything close to muse using digitech or digitech + muff.

Anyone could suggest some presets?

Cheers

Hey guys.

I have russian big muff and digitech bass synth wah, but still cant get anything close to muse using those 2 pedals at the same time. Of course using only muff sounds totaly like muse, but i cant find anything close to muse using digitech or digitech + muff.

Anyone could suggest some presets?

Cheers

Do you really need to if youve got youe muse sound with the big muff? :)

I have both and haven't really used both together. I honestly don't use my BSW too much. I don't really have space on my board so that's why I haven't used it too much. Here are the settings from Chris' board in the Bass Player mag article.

photo-2.jpg

I think he uses this in Exo-politics and/or City of Delusion (he had it during absolution but I really don't know what songs he used it in, I haven't really been listening for it that closely).

tiro is the only song Chris plays a backing track too. Hysteria is all effects and live. Actualy i think tiro is all live now tbh. Now that he has the wolly mammoth but then again morgan could still be playing that live on a synth.

I don't like the BSW tbh and it not great to use during hysteria tbh.

tiro is the only song Chris plays a backing track too. Hysteria is all effects and live. Actualy i think tiro is all live now tbh. Now that he has the wolly mammoth but then again morgan could still be playing that live on a synth.

I don't like the BSW tbh and it not great to use during hysteria tbh.

I thought that he uses deep impact + mammoth on tiro :)

I thought it was the FM4 on sunburn live? Those squelches are shit anyway.

I've not played with the BSW but apparently it does a great octaver. Perhaps you could set it to do just an octave down and filter out your dry sound a bit - that should give a synthy type sound (but without funky filters).

I'd say just play around and enjoy it. If you think "Of course using only muff sounds totaly like muse" you have a lot of playing around and learning to do yet.

EDIT: Not that there's anything wrong with being at the start of learning about effects.

heh i'm pretty sure there's a synth on TIRO, can someone confirm?

The studio version of TIRO was a synth with a layer of bass under it. And it was played that way for a few years live aswell.

But not sure how its played anymore. Whether morgan plays a synth or wether Chris just plays it through his distortion pedals

heh i'm pretty sure there's a synth on TIRO, can someone confirm?

How effect did chris use for TIRO?

From bass guitar magazine issue 18 interview with chris (kindly provided by amj)

How did you get the bass sound on that track(TIRO)?

It's a bit of a cheat really!

Your secret is safe with me..

We tried for ages to get the right bass sound. Some of the things we tried were quite ridiculous. We tried flangers, acoustic basses, dubbing with phasers, you name it, but it still wasn't happening. One day Matt was fooling around with a JP 8000 synth and started getting this portamento vibe going (mimes track intro). So we recorded that and I put down a horrendously subby bassline using the pedulla and when we put them together it made a weird, buzzy,disgusting kinda noise and that's what we used.

What do you do about that live?

I play the line over the top of a synth backing track.

That was posted by Kev a while back, I can't remember the thread though.

yeh, it's basically impossible to get that sort of un-wavering hard attacking synth sound from a bass without a MIDI pup. There are some cool new synth pedals around - something from Brown Dog I think? A programmable one, and one from Mark Bass, but fuck knows if they're any good - I can't afford!

Archived