feeling good haarp effect

TheFury17

A Wurlitzer is an electric piano like a Fender Rhodes, not an "effect". It's more grungey sounding than the sparkly, clean sound of the Rhodes.

Haha, yes that is more like what I meant. Quite like the sound of both :happy:

I don't see why he's using that great big grand piano if it's just a keyboard in disguise. Why not go back to that nice white upright he used on BH&R?

Wow that's quite interesting. I just don't understand why go to all that trouble? I guess they have the money but that cost is usually passed on to the consumer. Matt's white piano did the job, albeit that (probably) being a fake piano too, it probably does exactly the same thing.

I don't know what I was expecting to be honest.

I guess the same argument can be passed on to the astounding number of Mansons he's had the past 10 years.

Wow that's quite interesting. I just don't understand why go to all that trouble? I guess they have the money but that cost is usually passed on to the consumer. Matt's white piano did the job, albeit that (probably) being a fake piano too, it probably does exactly the same thing.

I don't know what I was expecting to be honest.

I guess the same argument can be passed on to the astounding number of Mansons he's had the past 10 years.

Why bother with any of the set dressing? Why not just scribble the band name on a white sheet, hang it on the back of the stage, throw up a few work lights and be done with it. It's not like they're trying to put on a show or anything. Matt having a new piano or a handful of new guitars will never ever affect the price of a ticket or an album in the slightest, it's not some kind of tax system where you're directly paying for their gear any more than you're paying for their groceries.

so as there're stage show has got more complicated, the ticket prices haven't gone up?

Maybe I expressed myself badly. I mean that I seriously doubt Matt buys a new piano or a guitar and then thinks "shit we'd better throw together a stadium tour and jack up the prices to pay for this". It's more a case that the band become better known, can justify a higher ticket price and so can afford to spend more. A ticket to a RATM gig is going to cost a fair bit compared to seeing some local band and their set dressing isn't much more than a painted sheet hung at the back. :p

true, i think with a band like muse, they are always going to spend every penny they can on equipment and stage props because that's what they like to do. i think it works both ways, they are more in demand so they can charge and spend more, but at the same time they want to spend more and know that people will pay for the tickets to cover those costs.

Maybe I expressed myself badly. I mean that I seriously doubt Matt buys a new piano or a guitar and then thinks "shit we'd better throw together a stadium tour and jack up the prices to pay for this". It's more a case that the band become better known, can justify a higher ticket price and so can afford to spend more. A ticket to a RATM gig is going to cost a fair bit compared to seeing some local band and their set dressing isn't much more than a painted sheet hung at the back. :p

I saw RATM for free. :p

I saw RATM for free. :p

So did I :p

Also saw Muse (and others) for free at Glasto :p :p

Sort of means I can't climb on my high horse about the ticket prices of either band for the time being, heh.

But yeah I'd imagine they spend a lot of their earnings on touring and the like. Obviously they *could* get away with touring with a lot less but that's just not their thing, the whole point of having money is to spend it after all, not like their going to go hungry!

Incidently it does put things into perspective that they don't even have to think twice about the cost of having giant radar dishes or a 20' inflatable UFO made up just for the sake of it when I still get annoyed at things like petrol being more than a quid a litre. Damn those millionaires and their carefree attitude!

Matt does indeed use a Kawai electric piano, just in a grand piano case. Means you can have effects, lights, and the piano just looks more, well, grand.

On a slightly more on topic post, he does use a wah pedal. I wish I had one, they are really cool. They can be used with guitars too, right?

Also, relating to the same FG performance, has anyone (or can anyone) figure out what he plays at the start, the chords before going into the actual song? I really want to know these.

Actually the Kawai keyboards come with effects onboard where you can plug in another expression pedal (like the sustainer pedal) and you can do all nifty tricks with it. You can also do auto-wah, phaser, vibrato amongst other things too. :D

They are nifty keyboards for that reason. I play Feeling Good using the same keyboard as Matt and from memory I think it's the "Classic EP" sound with the effect set to wah

Actually the Kawai keyboards come with effects onboard where you can plug in another expression pedal (like the sustainer pedal) and you can do all nifty tricks with it. You can also do auto-wah, phaser, vibrato amongst other things too. :D

They are nifty keyboards for that reason. I play Feeling Good using the same keyboard as Matt and from memory I think it's the "Classic EP" sound with the effect set to wah

You have an MP-8? Jeez you're lucky.

Just out of curiosity, where do you live? :p

Archived