new born

butterflies & hurricanes

supermassive black hole

map of your head riff intro

citizen erased

feeling good

ruled by secrecy

invincible

hysteria (dom screwed up t beginning and they had to play intro again)

fury

whole lotta love riff

starlight

time is running out

bliss (balloons)

plug in baby

deadstar/hypermusic riffs

stockholm syndrome

knights of cydonia

FUUUUUUUUCKK. NOT FAIR.

That's it. I'm off to bed.

Guest Bennett

fucking hell.

i used that converter.

it came out fast forward. with totally messed up sound. the sound sounds like the plug in baby squeeling intro.

FUCK.

i give up. my glorious videos will never be seen by you. GOODBYE

I just discovered this thread, so apologies for being a bit late.

HOW GOOD WAS IT, I was about 3 seating bays from the stage, about 10/11 rows up.

I got an awesome view, I was a bit annoyed that I did not get General admission though.

I got a few pictures, not very good. I was just a tad far back for my camera to take good pictures, I'll upload a few of the best pics though.

& everybody remember the band going around promoting their band just before the gates? Well I am now inloveeee with them! I got them to sign their CD whilst I was down there. Not a bad song on it, imo.

Anyway, 10/10 for that concert.

It was incredible.

1989527225_Picture058.JPG.4d1969004ad8887edb16ea855b72b755.JPG

285423283_Picture083.JPG.935dd887c7354619b7dcd433d7b374b2.JPG

1063888243_Picture094.JPG.5883e068dce7450e1f2a83955e62f027.JPG

security didn't even care about cameras. one of the security guards took a picture of the set list for me.

and who gives a shit about getting injured and the strange odours in the mosh, that's all part of it.

and i recommend to all who missed out on GA to get someone else who is not busy at the time, like a parent to buy them for you on the internet.

REMINDER TO ALL FOXTEL/AUSTAR SUBSCRIBERS: muse special is on in about 30mins

OMG, I think I was right behind you!

im not even going to say what i really think of that review.

so he didnt like it, who cares. i think all cheering and sold out (cept for a few silver seats) venue have much more merit than some halfwit journalist.

and i dont think they would've cancelled the show purely koz matts piano was being problematique (hah!). they wouldve just done as they did and played other songs where required.

everyone envy sydney

Take a bow

Map of the problematic

new born

butterflies & hurricanes

supermassive black hole

citizen erased

feeling good

ruled by secrecy

invincible

fury

whole lotta love riff

starlight

time is running out

bliss (balloons)

plug in baby

stockholm syndrome

knights of cydonia

nott faiiiiiirrrrrr

anyhoo, my email to the age.. olol

To the Editor,

I went to the MUSE concert on Thursday and as a fan, I was insulted by Murfet's review. Matt [yes with two t's] Bellamy did not storm off stage in a fit, he went to make sure the audience got the best sound possible. And for murfet's information, the grand piano had a technical problem that couldn't have the right effects for Matt to play Ruled By Secrecy, which led to an 11th hour setlist change to Butterflies and Hurricanes. As to "Thursday's show failed to improve on the visually tight display that was offered at its last Melbourne show" I think you'll find that you are wrong. On Thursday there was a bigger setlist, a better support band, and more amazing effects. "Bellamy, ever the egoist.. running the show" is not true. Is Murfet even cared to notice, Matt is incredibly shy and how can he be an egoist if the drummer is the spokespreson for the band?

"The problem was never explained to the confused, momentarily restless audience." If Murfet was going to say this, he should have gotten some quotes from people in the audience other than himself, because he seems very one-sided. In fact, all the crowd was doing was saying "Solo, solo" as they asked for Dominic Howard to do a drum solo. Starlight, Time is running out, Supermassive Black Hole and Plug In Baby may be the more mainstream songs, but they do not capture all the greatness of the band. The bang, MUSE is so great, purely because of the variety of music they play. MUSE may have sounded like radiohead in the early days, as radiohead was one of their influences, but they have created their own style since then. I accept that Murfet may have had a different taste to me in music, but it may have been better to get someone who isn't biased. That review was scathing and did nothing to describe the pure awe of muse's concert.

Yours sincerely

Sarah Aitken, 14, Macedon

the thing that shat me about that review, instead of the fact that it was largely negative, was that it sounded like the reviewer went into the gig wanting to not enjoy it..

on the flipside though, muse got some grudging respect from him at the end, which shows some humility from the reviewer

olol, yeah i agree. i was juust really bored and decided to email them... :LOL:

nott faiiiiiirrrrrr

anyhoo, my email to the age.. olol

To the Editor,

I went to the MUSE concert on Thursday and as a fan, I was insulted by Murfet's review. Matt [yes with two t's] Bellamy did not storm off stage in a fit, he went to make sure the audience got the best sound possible. And for murfet's information, the grand piano had a technical problem that couldn't have the right effects for Matt to play Ruled By Secrecy, which led to an 11th hour setlist change to Butterflies and Hurricanes.

Apocalypse Please, you mean ;)

Take a bow

Map of the problematic

new born

butterflies & hurricanes

supermassive black hole

citizen erased

feeling good

ruled by secrecy

invincible

fury

whole lotta love riff

starlight

time is running out

bliss (balloons)

plug in baby

stockholm syndrome

knights of cydonia

WHY DIDN'T WE GET BLISS?!?!

WHY DIDN'T WE GET BLISS?!?!

I think it's because they played it last time they were in Melbourne. Same with Citizen Erased. So far they've played that in every city except here. In January, Melbourne was the only city to get it.

I think it's because they played it last time they were in Melbourne. Same with Citizen Erased. So far they've played that in every city except here. In January, Melbourne was the only city to get it.

Yeh Thats Sounds about right how we got themlast time so we didnt get them this time... but honestly didnt fuss me

That was the best night of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are soooooooooooooooooooo awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

was the first time seeing them live, they're soooooooooooooo gooood one million times better in real life!!!!!!!!!!! Still hyper after three days:LOL:

Does anyone know where to get pics of it, coz from my veiwpoint, i couldn't take any good photos coz my crap camera couldn't zoom in far enough:(

Debi makes a fair point, we got Bliss and CE last time...and we were the only ones to get MicroCuts this time around, which puts us all one up on the rest of the country, and Fury puts Aus one up on the rest of the WORLD.

Basically, we all rock and muse love us more than anywhere else, except maybe the UK because they played Unintended there...

I agree, CE and Bliss would have been nice, but I'm really happy with the set we got - especially Micro Cuts.

Haha, I just find it amusing how envious the international fans are of Australia at the moment! Someone posted the Melbourne setlist on livejournal with the title: "Melbourne set, aka Muse plays amazing sets everywhere except where you are part 4,866,758,677"

:D

Archived