Melbourne Rod Laver Arena!

Claireness

well, seeing as some forum "regular" told me to post this here, i thought i should take her advice.

ok, this is going to sound odd, but i'm looking for someone.

he was at Muse on Thursday night, in Melbourne.

ticket would've read Door 10, Lower Level, Row O, Seat 205.

he was wearing a tshirt with 'Kazahstan' written on it.

and he was super nice.

if you know any guys that were at Muse, PLEASE ask them what seat they were in!

was anyone lining up outside door six? i was leaning on the giant silver waste bin next to the toilet door (sounds lovely, yes!)

and i was greeting randoms as they went to the toilet lol.

and there was a girl with a batman shirt.

mm yes.

that would be us pal.

on the beachballs...the only way to enter a concert.

and we were entering the toilets to fill up on beer.

Woo, I finally logged in to catch up on this thread while I've been away.

A lot of reading :p I'm very impressed with the photos that have been posted on here, I have a few on my myspace, I was basically right in front of Matt's microphone but it's all camera phone work, albeit a 5 MP one. Still nothing compares to a proper digital, bah.

As I have told many people and on my bulletin and last.fm, I think I can just summarize that it was the best concert I have been to and The Checks were actually pretty good, the singer needs to calm down though.

Lol, yeah, that guy looked like he was on something. WAY too hyperactive. Reminded me of the guy from Faker, who has a tendency to climb on things, ie, the rigging on the stage at bdo.

Had to laugh though, when the checks guy went 'god its weird saying that' after he'd announced muse were about to come on. Must be the most surreal thing in the world, supporting a band that massive, playing a stadium show.

Yeah true enough...after all, I do have a magical tree in my garden that sprouts green money every now and again.

Oh god, I think I just turned into my mother with that saying. :S

i have a magical debt tree in my backyard, that's how i afford it.

Had to laugh though, when the checks guy went 'god its weird saying that' after he'd announced muse were about to come on. Must be the most surreal thing in the world, supporting a band that massive, playing a stadium show.

To paraphrase Aussie comedian Adam Hills, it's only surreal if there's a hippo making toast.

I really did like The Checks, not just musically but also the way they went about being a support act. I loved the comment the lead singer made. So different from the Ground Component's 'don't forget to stick around for Muse'.

Oh, and to the person who wrote the letter citing Radiohead as an influence on Muse, you might want to revise it to something along the lines of 'Radiohead share similar influences with Muse', as fans of both bands tend to frown (or perhaps kill) on the first suggestion. :D

I emailed a friend this morning to tell her what the piano problem was, and the subject line was 'Muse'. She emailed me back saying that when she read the subject line she thought I was telling her to turn it down! :LOL:

And who cares what we missed out on.

WE GOT FURY!!!!!

Did they have blue jeans and glitter on their face? If so, then you're right!

Yup! And a guy with curly hair to your left, he thought me how to diffuse my flash to take better pictures heh.

Then there was a girl to his left (she was directly in front of me after the show started) and I think her name is Tessa or something cause her friend was right behind me.

Thanks about the photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyhow............ I'm looking for some people....

Is anyone on this forum went to the concert, with a group of people, three guys and a girl, one of the guys was weraing a blue t shirt and had a black afro, the other guy was wearing a black tee with yellow writing, blonde hair and sunnies!!! They were on the same train as me and my friend, got on probably between mordi and mentone, then were sitting near as.

Door 13-Upper section Row EE- Seat 446, they were sort of to the right and about 4 rows up:LOL::D

the Age review = complete bollocks.

any idiot can tell from that review that he just doesn't get it at all. what's the bloody point in sending someone to a gig who is clearly determined not to enjoy it?? he spends almost the entire review crapping on about a technical difficulty and making unfounded personal remarks about matt, and says next to nothing about the actual gig...

.... what a retard.

Yup! And a guy with curly hair to your left, he thought me how to diffuse my flash to take better pictures heh.

Then there was a girl to his left (she was directly in front of me after the show started) and I think her name is Tessa or something cause her friend was right behind me.

YES that was me, and my friend was on the other side but he ended up getting pushed back. i might have seen you, don't remember though.

and off topic to muse, has anyone listened to pink floyd - the trial?

heck why are so many people wailing about the set list we got

i reckon it was pretty good

i was fking happy, i had the time of my life

and i'll leave it at that.

+1.

I'm whining about Perth though. :LOL: That was nothing compared to Melbourne. We just got Fury first.

Btw, anyone got a complete bootleg at all? :(

YES that was me, and my friend was on the other side but he ended up getting pushed back. i might have seen you, don't remember though.

and off topic to muse, has anyone listened to pink floyd - the trial?

craaaaazy. over the rainbow, i am craaaaazy. truly gone fishing.

Archived