Which song should I learn?

RedSam

That's a surprisingly easy song; I can play it fully (though not all parts at full speed), and I don't even play the guitar seriously :happy:

I think the most difficult thing about Uprising is the solo (switching from low frets to high frets) and tuning the guitar to Drop D. :p Next level would be something like Plug in Baby or Time is running out, in my opinion.

~Huy

I think the most difficult thing about Uprising is the solo (switching from low frets to high frets) and tuning the guitar to Drop D. :p Next level would be something like Plug in Baby or Time is running out, in my opinion.

~Huy

It's actually in DGDGBe tuning, which is easy enough to tune to with a tuner, and not impossible without one either (though I can't do it perfectly without one... but I can get pretty close!).

And I actually find the solo rather easy to do, the most trouble I have, is switching through the chords in the chorus.

Oh, I usually play it Drop D but nvm. It's easier in DGDGBE, I know, but I don't like to retune the guitar for Unnatural Selection... However I don't see how the chorus can be harder than the solo. But that's probably different for everyone.

~Huy

Oh, I usually play it Drop D but nvm. It's easier in DGDGBE, I know, but I don't like to retune the guitar for Unnatural Selection... However I don't see how the chorus can be harder than the solo. But that's probably different for everyone.

~Huy

I think it's just because I have almost no practice, so I'm not very proficient in switching between chords :)

As for the tuning thing, I actually usually play it in drop-D as well, so now it's even easier for me to play.

I find it more natural to play:

-

than

-

(This being on the A and G string :) )

Supermassive Black Hole

Those are quite easy, like whole-song easy. Some parts in songs like Hysteria could be tricky for you, like solo or something.

I never tried SMBH but isn't the solo difficult? I mean the non-Kaoss solo. And Hysteria's solo is way too fast for a beginner, imo. Also the bass riff, if you want to play it.

~Huy

I never tried SMBH but isn't the solo difficult? I mean the non-Kaoss solo. And Hysteria's solo is way too fast for a beginner, imo. Also the bass riff, if you want to play it.

~Huy

Well you just improvise something during the Kaoss solo. It doesn't have to be something difficult I think :)

Well you just improvise something during the Kaoss solo. It doesn't have to be something difficult I think :)

You actually have a non-Kaoss solo of SMBH on the Shepherd's Bush Empire show. I've got the tab of it. I can send to you. But to get back to the topic. You should surely try PiB but you've also got Starlight and Knights of Cydonia. Yes, I know, it's not easy but if you put some effort in it you can master it pretty quick

@Protonix: Knights of Cydonia? I think that's pretty technical and also the "solo" part at the end is pretty hard for beginner. I'll stick with Uprising as one of the easiest songs for guitar.

~Huy

Well, you got that right. But it's still a fun one to play. :)

And what about Overdue? It's a easy one. I must say that I disagree when it comes to Uprising. It's not a complicated one, but for starters I'll rather take Plug in Baby than uprising. imho

Where have you heard that? I really don't believe it at all, I'd say it was grade 3 or something similar.

I read it somewhere, and someone played it at A level, and got an A for it.

Something about using "a variety of techniques". I'd give it a 5 or a 6, just for the tremelo and the end.

I read it somewhere, and someone played it at A level, and got an A for it.

Something about using "a variety of techniques". I'd give it a 5 or a 6, just for the tremelo and the end.

It is pretty easy though, after a good practice.

Where can I read up on this 'grade' thing?

Archived